Assistant Support Worker - Ashley Drive
Hightown is a charitable housing association operating principally in Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire and Berkshire. We believe everyone should have a home and the support they need, so our aim is to build new homes and to provide excellent housing and support.
We currently manage over 6,000 homes and employ over 1,000 full and part time staff from our head office in Hemel Hempstead. We have an annual turnover of £80 million and a development programme that will deliverover 400 new affordable homes each year.
Your role as an Assistant Support Worker is to provide appropriate support to individuals, which includes personal care, assistance with eating and drinking and in developing full and meaningful lifestyles that are appropriate to their needs and wishes. As well as promoting individuality, choice and people`s rights. You are also required to undertake practical domestic tasks such as cooking and cleaning.
Experience is not essential as we will give you with all the training you need to provide an exemplary service and gain new skills including, a recognised vocational qualification. You will need a caring, positive nature and enjoy working as part of a friendly, dedicated team
About the role
Your responsibility will be to provide appropriate support to each person living in their own flat to enable them to develop independence skills, be involved in decisions regarding their life and participate in their local community.
You will have a flexible and positive attitude, and will work as part of a team to deliver exemplary service to our clients. You will have a commitment to, and an understanding of, all equality and diversity issues and take a positive approach to providing a high standard of service to our clients.
In return for your hard work and commitment to our service users, we offer a considerable benefits package. This includes:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 25 days per year, plus statutory bank holidays, rising with service (pro rata for part time hours)
- £16,653 pa for a 37.5 hour a week contract plus overtime and bonuses available on top of your basic salary
- Full time and casual hours available
- Comprehensive training and development support from day one with the opportunity to gain a recognised vocational qualification
- Regular support from your line manager and colleagues
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
- Monthly attendance bonus
- Annual salary and cost of living review
- Commitment to health and wellbeing with the Five Ways to Wellbeing
- Workplace pension scheme
- Life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Fully paid DBS
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Employee assistance helpline
- Mileage paid for car usage
- Structured rota so you know your work pattern in advance
If you are interested in joining our friendly team, please apply below.
In accordance with CQC regulations, appointment to this position will be subject to satisfactory DBS, reference and medical checks.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.
.How to Apply
To apply for the position of Assistant Support Worker please complete an online application form.
Please see below for a copy of the Assistant Support Worker job description.
Closing date: Sunday 30th December 2018
Interview date: To be confirmed
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Assistant / coordinator £10,000 - £19,999 Permanent jobs in High Wycombe
- Care and support Assistant / coordinator £10,000 - £19,999 Permanent jobs in High Wycombe
- Housing / neighbourhood management Assistant / coordinator £10,000 - £19,999 Permanent jobs in High Wycombe
- Social Care Assistant / coordinator £10,000 - £19,999 Permanent jobs in High Wycombe
- Supported / sheltered housing Assistant / coordinator £10,000 - £19,999 Permanent jobs in High Wycombe