Specialist Advisor, Housing Needs and Standards
Homelessness is high on the national agenda and we are offering an exciting opportunity to join our Housing Needs and Standards team as a Specialist Advisor.
There are two roles. One, which is for a fixed term of 12 months, will be focussed on delivering a complaints and enquiries service. The other will be responsible for resolving cases of varying complexity, providing specialist advice and support and engaging with a range of different stakeholders, including MPs, Councillors and senior colleagues.
In both posts, you will be working closely with managers, suggesting ways in which housing and customer services could be improved across a number of different work streams.
It is an exciting time to join the team. You will have the opportunity to take part in a number of new projects and initiatives, such as the nationally recognised Rough Sleeper Initiative and our newly launched Trainee Caseworker Programme, giving you the opportunity to develop your coaching and mentoring skills by working closely with a number of apprentices.
Housing Needs and Standards has enhanced its commitment to personal development. You will be able to access a number of different training opportunities, including up to 19 days of training through the London Training Academy and Lewes District and Eastbourne Borough Councils mentoring programme.
To be successful you will be a good communicator and able to build strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders. You will also need an eye for detail, have good investigation and analytical skills, be a creative problem-solver, and have a thorough and professional approach.
Good working knowledge of relevant legislation and developments within housing and homelessness is desirable, not essential.
Working for Lewes District Council and Eastbourne Borough Council
Because we work across two councils our area is unique in its mix of environments, including the larger urban area of Eastbourne, the historic county town of Lewes, small towns and villages in and around the National Park and a large area of coastal strip. The work is varied and challenging.
As an employee of Lewes District and Eastbourne Borough councils, you will have access to a number of benefits. This includes:
- Transport discounts, including a 15% discount on some Southern Rail Journeys and a 10% discount at Halfords on bikes, cycling accessories, servicing and parts
- Minimum annual leave entitlement of 25 days increasing to 29 days after completing five years’ service
- A flexible working environment, allowing you to work remotely and flexibly – helping you achieve a better work/life balance
- Discounted use of gyms and sports centres
Although the Housing Needs and Standards team work predominantly from the Eastbourne office, you will be required to work from our Lewes, Eastbourne and Newhaven offices, subject to the needs of the service.
For further information and to apply, please click on the "Apply" button at the end of the page.
The closing date for the receipt of applications is Noon on 31 December 2018.
Interviews and assessment will be held during week commencing 7 January 2019.
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Officer £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Eastbourne
- Care and support Officer £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Eastbourne
- Housing / neighbourhood management Officer £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Eastbourne
- Tenant services Officer £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Eastbourne