Housing Referral Assistant
The primary purpose of this position is to serve as Housing Referral Assistant. The incumbent will plan, organize, coordinate, and manage all aspects of the Housing Referral Assistance program. The organizational goals or objectives of this position are to promote mission readiness by ensuring suitable housing is made available for military members and their families, unaccompanied military personnel, and eligible civilians through government provided assistance and cooperation with private developers, property owners, managers and letting agents. The RAF Alconbury Housing Management Office will provide functional oversight. You will act as an expert advisor to owners and agents regarding housing laws and equal opportunity policies and programs. Providing advice to customers on how to qualify property for preference listings, laws concerning leases, security deposits and military clauses. Providing assistance as a mediator of landlord/tenant disputes and in referring prospective tenants. Exercises management responsibilities and establishes policies and procedures for the Housing Referral Assistance program. Oversees the work of the Housing Assistants. Develops goals and objectives that integrate organization and Housing Management Element objectives. Manages pre-and final-checkout inspection schedules for tenants in preparation of vacating local housing units. Performs non-routine studies and surveys to study unprecedented problems and improve the housing assistance program and participates in the administration of housing management.
- Knowledge of basic housing law, policies, principles, concepts, and methodologies; and of housing referral program transaction documents.
- Knowledge of Estate Agent practices including management and financing of rental and sale property.
- Knowledge of the principles, techniques and methodology related to housing referral and relocation support services.
- Knowledge of housing audits or survey requirements and ability to analyze interrelated issues of effectiveness, efficiency, and productivity, and develop recommendations to solve problems.
- Possess excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Experience of working in front line customer services is essential
- Require excellent communication skills, both written and oral with the ability to present information clearly in a way that promotes understanding
- Be able to work effectively in a flexible team set-up whilst being able to operate on your own initiative
- Have the ability to be able to build constructive working relationships with a range of partners and services
Other Significant Facts:
- Overtime may be required
- Work may require travel away from normal duty station on military or commercial aircraft.
- The position will require a full driving license minimum Cat B
For more information regarding the duties of this vacancy please contact Elaine Diaz at 01480 843451.
Citizens of the U.K., Nationals of European Community (EC) Countries, and Commonwealth Citizens, other Foreign Nationals, and Stateless persons provided no restrictions have been imposed as a condition of continued residency in the UK.
Applicants will need to submit necessary documents with the application form to demonstrate that they are eligible to work in the United Kingdom.
This position may have certain restrictions to US citizens due to the SOFA agreement. For additional information contact the LNDH team on 01638 544955
How to apply:
Interested candidates must complete an application form obtainable from the Civilian Personnel Webpage: www.mildenhall.af.mil/info/civilian-personnel. All applications, with relevant attachments and/or CV/Resume must be submitted via email: 100FSS.FSMC6@US.AF.MIL
Proof of identification in the form of a photo ID will be required, for example a Driving license or current passport. All successful applicants will require a security clearance. Please note Pre-appointment Security Clearance requirements may delay start date.
Application closing date: 1st Feb 2019
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:There will be no discrimination in employment practices based on gender, age, marital status, disability, race, nationality, religion or beliefs, sexual orientation, being or not being a member of a trade union.
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Officer £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Huntingdon
- Care and support Officer £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Huntingdon
- Housing / neighbourhood management Officer £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Huntingdon
- Tenant services Officer £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Huntingdon