Principle Housing Partnerships and Supply Manager
Would you like to be a part of The London Borough of Hounslow, whose diverse workforce are committed to making a positive difference for our residents and visitors by ensuring the quality of our services are maintained to a high standard?
The council is embarking upon a major programme of change to modernise the way we work and reduce our carbon footprint. We will be moving to a new landmark building in 2019 located in Hounslow town centre, and our new technology will enable staff to work remotely and flexibly to improve the service we provide to residents and to help our staff achieve a better work/life balance. To find out more please visit: http://hounslowciviccentre.org.uk/
About The Team
The London Borough of Hounslow has a proven track record and long-standing commitment to the delivery of affordable housing. Over the past 4 years, the Council successfully secured 3,300 affordable homes, including 400 new Council homes, against our Pledge to secure 3,000 affordable homes during 2014-18. The Council is extremely proud of this achievement.
Going forward over the next four years, we have an even more ambitious housing Pledge target to secure 5,000 new homes by 2022 for our residents, 3,000 of which will be for rent. In order to achieve this target, we require 5 more committed development professionals to join our team:
- Managing the relationship with key external partners to negotiate through the planning process a Housing Delivery target of 5,000 new homes, 3,000 of which are for rent and 2,000 are for shared ownership sale.
- Developing new initiatives and maximising supply from all sources for both permanent and temporary accommodation for households who the Council has statutory responsibilities to house on either a temporary or permanent basis.
- Leading the Council’s Enabling Team of 7 officers
- Managing the delivery of effective support to the Council’s new Housing Pledge Delivery Board.
- Knowledge of housing and planning legislation, project management tools and the issues affecting the negotiation of affordable housing.
- Demonstrable experience in building productive relationships, particularly where conflicts of interest may exist.
- Knowledge and experience of developing commercial business plans, conducting market assessments and securing investment.
- Excellent negotiation skills, innovative and able to make new ventures a success; with the ability to deliver project plans, work as part of larger corporate groups and lead an effective team.
Essential for the Role
- Proven track record of delivering new affordable housing through planning processes and by developing partnerships with a wide range of organisations.
This post is considered by the authority to be a customer-facing position; as such it falls within scope of the Code of Practice on English language requirement for public sector workers. The council therefore has a statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements. The appropriate standards are set out in the employee specification.
If you would like an informal conversation regarding the position please contact Andrew Smith (Head of Housing Development, Supply & Initiatives) via email: Andrew.Smith@hounslow.gov.uk or Tel: 020 8583 2254.
To apply for this role, please visit www.hounslow.gov.uk/jobs
Closing date: 18th January 2019
Interviews will be held during week commencing: TBC
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Policy / Strategy Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Homes and Asset Management Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Asset management Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Business development Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)