Housing with Support Worker
MTVH are seeking a new Housing with Support Worker to join their team in Cambridge. This is a 12 month fixed term contract to cover an internal secondment. Based from our office Swavesey you will be required to travel extensively throughout Cambridgeshire so it is essential you can drive. You will be working with a number of residence in supported housing. Your primary objective will be to offer tenancy advice to residence enabling them to better manage their supported housing arrangements.
Main accountabilities will include, but not be limited to: -
- Enhanced lettings management and coordination process at the commencement of tenancy;
- Helping tenants with completing housing benefit claims and reporting any subsequent changes to ensure payment of rent and thus limiting arrears;
- Helping our tenants to understand their rights and responsibilities in relation to the tenancy agreement;
- Referring or signposting our tenants in finding required support from other agencies;
- Ensuring that the tenant is maintaining a safe and secure environment at home, and advising accordingly;
- Ensuring that tenants know how to use equipment safely;
- Liaising with other Ability staff or contractors on behalf of the tenant, as agreed with the tenant; and to ensure that any repairs and rent issues are resolved;
- Carrying out health and safety and risk assessments of property;
- Assisting with low level anti-social behaviour issues or any other concerns our tenant may have with their home or environment;
- Help tenants with moving on to alternative accommodation as part of enhanced lettings process on cessation of tenancy;
As travel is an essential part of the role expenses from the office will be paid in line with the company policy.
We are looking for dedicated individuals that are looking to develop a career in housing. This would be an excellent opportunity for someone looking to move from care and support into a housing position. Alternatively if you are looking to take on a new challenge at a leading housing association this could be the role for you.
In this role you will be a lone worker so while training will be provided, to ensure you can undertake the role and provide the service required by our customers, experience in a similar role is essential. To be considered for an interview your CV must demonstrate: -
1) Excellent verbal and written communication skills
2) Commitment to delivering excellent customer service to vulnerable individuals
3) Strong organization skills to manage your own workload
4) Clear evidence that you understand benefits and housing issues that vulnerable adults are faced with
5) Driver with access to your own transport
What`s in it for you?
In return for your commitment to Metropolitan we provide full training and personal development that is tailored to your personal ambitions. Metropolitan offers an excellent and unique Benefits package that can be adapted to suit each individual. We offer employees the opportunity to choose from a wide variety of benefits which includes options around Health and Well-being Programme, Employee Assistance and discounts with multiple retailers and many more. We also offer a good Pension Scheme and 28 days holiday plus bank holidays, with the ability to buy and sell up to 5 days!
Metropolitan are proud to have been recognised by Disability Confident for our commitment to disabled people and those with long term health conditions by providing fair and equal opportunities for all applicants enabling them to fulfil their potential and realise their aspirations. All employment decisions at Metropolitan are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to age, disability, gender reassignment, marital status, pregnancy or maternity, race or religion, sex or sexual orientation.
It should be noted that the successful applicant will need to be subject to a background enhanced disclosure check by the Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) before any appointment can be confirmed.