Assistant Finance Manager
Assistant Finance Manager
£42,987 per annum pro rata (rising to £45,249 after 12 months, subject to satisfactory performance)
30 hours per week
Why work for us?
One of the UK’s leading providers of housing, care and commercial services, Sanctuary Group employs more than 13,000 people and manages more than 100,000 units of accommodation throughout England and Scotland, including general rented, retirement living, supported housing, student and key worker accommodation and care homes. Sanctuary also provides a range of other services including maintenance, care and telecare, all of which are delivered by our dedicated employees who are completely committed to customer service.
The job sits within one of the Central Services Maintenance management accounting teams which accounts for the Groups maintenance costs.
In this commercially and analytically focused fast paced role, our Assistant Finance Manager will support our Financial Accounting Operations This role will offer the opportunity to help support operations from a financial perspective along with the ability to influence and make real changes to the business and help shape systems going forwards.
The role of Assistant Finance Manager will include:
- Liaising with budget holders to account for, budget and forecast revenue and capital costs.
- Dealing with senior stakeholders up to director level
- Reviewing, developing, implementing and monitoring account systems
- Ensuring adequate stock and material controls are in place and are adhered too
- Continuous development of management reporting for the Senior Management Team
- Leading on regulating data quality, ensuring accuracy is maintained
- Adhoc finance projects as required by the business
Skills and experiences:
- Degree, management qualification or relevant professional qualified you will be a Qualified Accountant with relevant commercial experience (CIMA, ACCA, ACA or equivalent)
- Experience of producing management accounts, assurance and audit of financial controls and producing reporting packs to senior management
- Experience relating to reviewing and auditing financial controls and making recommendations for improvement
- With advanced analytical skills you will have experience of investigating, extracting and analysing large volumes of data in order to make recommendations for improvement
- The ability to articulate and present meaningful financial information/data to non-finance teams
- Strong financial systems and Excel skills including experience of manual stock control systems
- The ability to talk confidently to non-financial senior members of staff is an essential requirement of the role.
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer you access to a range of great employee benefits and the opportunity to develop and progress within your career. Benefits include:
- A pension scheme, with matching employer contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits
- 25 days leave pro rata (rising to a maximum of 30 days) plus public holidays
- Life assurance
- Health & well-being plans
- Discounted products & services
- Personal advice and counselling
- Family-friendly arrangements
- Tax efficient savings through our Cycle to Work scheme
- Learning and development opportunities
- The actual pro rata salary for this role is £36,846 per annum (rising to £38,785 after 12 months, subject to satisfactory performance)
Closing Date: 17 January 2019
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent unlawful working.
Sanctuary Group is a trading name of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.