Support Worker - The Elms
Hightown is a charitable housing association operating principally in Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Berkshire and Buckinghamshire. We believe everyone should have a home and the support they need, so our aim is to build new homes and to provide excellent housing and support.
We currently manage over 6,000 homes and employ over 1,000 full and part time staff from our head office in Hemel Hempstead. We have an annual turnover of £80 million and a development programme that will deliver around 400 new affordable homes each year.
About the Role
We currently have full time (37.5 hours) Support Worker position at our supported housing scheme, The Elms, in Aylesbury.
Working as part of a dedicated team, your role as Support Worker is to provide appropriate support to service users who are living in their own homes or in a supported housing setting to enable them to develop and maximise their independence. This may involve promoting life skills such as shopping, managing budgets and domestic tasks such as cooking and cleaning. As a Support Worker you will agree and implement person centred support plans and risk assessments with service users to ensure we are providing a service that meets each individual`s needs, supports their aspirations and maximises their independence.
We are looking for passionate people who with a `can-do` attitude who are driven by the desire to make a difference and who have the ability to recognise the wishes and needs of vulnerable adults and communicate effectively using different methods according to people`s needs. You will need to be able to work shifts as part of a rota system which will include weekend and bank holiday working. You must be able to work as part of a team to deliver an excellent service to the people we support and be flexible in your approach to work. You will have a commitment to equality and diversity and take a positive approach to supporting people with learning disabilities. All applicants must hold a valid UK driving licence and have access to a vehicle
In return for your hard work and commitment to our service users, we offer a considerable benefits package. This includes:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 25 days per year, plus statutory bank holidays, rising with service (pro rata for part time hours)
- Comprehensive training and development support from day one with the opportunity to gain a recognised vocational qualification
- Regular support from your line manager and colleagues
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
- Monthly attendance bonus
- Annual salary and cost of living review
- Commitment to health and wellbeing with the Five Ways to Wellbeing
- Workplace pension scheme
- Life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Fully paid DBS
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Employee assistance helpline
- Mileage paid for car usage
- Structured rota so you know your work pattern in advance
How to Apply
To apply for the position of Support Workerplease complete an online application form.
Please see below for a copy of the job description.
Closing date: Sunday 20th January 2019
Interview date: To be confirmed
Hightown is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Successful candidates will need to have a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service, together with any other relevant recruitment checks.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Aylesbury
- Care and support Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Aylesbury
- Housing / neighbourhood management Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Aylesbury
- Social Care Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Aylesbury
- Supported / sheltered housing Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Aylesbury