Waking Night Project Worker - Grove Garden Flats
Hightown is a charitable housing association operating principally in Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Berkshire and Buckinghamshire. We believe everyone should have a home and the support they need, so our aim is to build new homes and to provide excellent housing and support.
We currently manage over 6,000 homes and employ over 1,000 full and part time staff from our head office in Hemel Hempstead. We have an annual turnover of £80 million and a development programme that will deliver around 400 new affordable homes each year.
About the Role
We currently have an opportunityfor a part time (36hours) Waking Night Project Worker at our scheme Grove Garden Flats in High Wycombe providing supported living for individuals with learning disabilities. We are looking for a caring, enthusiastic individual who enjoys helping others and seeing the difference their support can make to enable individuals to lead independent and fulfilling lives.
This property is adjoined to Grove Gardens Studios and comprises of six one-bedroomed flats and 8 studio flats. They are home to 14 male and female residents between 24 and 55 years of age and the individuals living within the service attend a range of day services and community opportunities
Working as part of a dedicated team, your role as a Waking Night Project Worker is to your role will be to ensure the safety and well-being of each client, responding appropriately to support needs, illness and/or emergencies. As part of the role you will also be responsible for providing personal care, health and safety tasks and carrying out domestic chores such as cleaning, laundry and ironing.
Ideally you should have sector experience however, we provide a structured induction and comprehensive training to support you with your role and you will have the opportunity to gain an accredited vocational qualification.
We are looking for passionate people who with a `can-do` attitude who are driven by the desire to make a difference and who have the ability to recognise the wishes and needs of vulnerable adults and communicate effectively using different methods according to people`s needs.
You will need to be able to work shifts as part of a rota system which will include weekend and bank holiday working. You must be able to work as part of a team to deliver an excellent service to the people we support and be flexible in your approach to work. You will have a commitment to equality and diversity and take a positive approach to supporting people with learning disabilities.
In return for your hard work and commitment to our service users, we offer a considerable benefits package. This includes:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 25 days per year, plus statutory bank holidays, rising with service (pro rata for part time hours)
- £19,374 pa for a 36hour a week contract plus overtime and bonuses available on top of your basic salary
- Comprehensive training and development support from day one with the opportunity to gain a recognised vocational qualification
- Regular support from your line manager and colleagues
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
- Monthly attendance bonus
- Annual salary and cost of living review
- Commitment to health and wellbeing with the Five Ways to Wellbeing
- Workplace pension scheme
- Life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Fully paid DBS
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Employee assistance helpline
- Mileage paid for car usage
- Structured rota so you know your work pattern in advance
If you are interested in joining our friendly team, please apply below.
In accordance with CQC regulations, appointment to this position will be subject to satisfactory DBS, reference and medical checks.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.
Closing date: Tuesday 22nd January 2019
Interview date: Friday 25th January 2019
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Assistant / coordinator £10,000 - £19,999 Permanent jobs in High Wycombe
- Care and support Assistant / coordinator £10,000 - £19,999 Permanent jobs in High Wycombe
- Housing / neighbourhood management Assistant / coordinator £10,000 - £19,999 Permanent jobs in High Wycombe
- Social Care Assistant / coordinator £10,000 - £19,999 Permanent jobs in High Wycombe
- Supported / sheltered housing Assistant / coordinator £10,000 - £19,999 Permanent jobs in High Wycombe