Residential Scheme Manager
Sanctuary Housing Services manages rented and shared ownership homes and supports community initiatives for thousands of customers across England. Our staff help make a real difference to the quality of people’s lives
Residential Scheme Manager
St. John’s Place, Ipswich
£18,472 per annum (rising to £19,445 after 12 months service, subject to satisfactory performance)
35 hours per week
Why work for us?
We have a challenging yet rewarding opportunity for a Residential Scheme Manager to work at the centre of our private retirement scheme. Using your flare for customer service and ability to think on your feet, you’ll play a key role in identifying areas of risk and ensuring these are reported in a timely fashion and are closely monitored.
The Residential Scheme Manager will carry out a varied role including close communication with our customers, coordinating contractor workloads and dealing with difficult situations relating to retirement and leasehold living. We are looking to appoint someone with recent experience within a similar role where exceptional customer service is demonstrated.
The role of Residential Scheme Manager will include:
- Providing administrative support including; producing letter/notices, recording data, raising purchase orders and invoice management
- Confidently communicating with customers, face to face and via telephone concerning a range of queries/complaints and offering advice and guidance
- Supervising contractors and works carried out to maximise service delivery
- Undertaking compliance checks, risk assessments and scheme inspections and ensuring faults are reported and monitored
- Ensuring compliance with legislative and regulatory requirements for housing services
Skills and experiences:
- Experience within an administrative and customer facing role is essential
- Ability to organise/prioritise multiple workloads effectively
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Specialist housing knowledge would be advantageous but is by no means essential
- Ability to operate computers, Microsoft packages and applications such as Outlook
- Experience within an environment based around buildings is desirable
- Experience of leasehold management is desirable
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer a comprehensive reward and benefits package appropriate for the role that you do, including:
- A pension scheme, with matching employer contributions from Sanctuary, up to set limits
- At least 25 days paid holiday, rising to 30 days after 5 years service (pro rata)
- Life assurance
- Family friendly arrangements, including opportunities for flexible working
- Health and well-being plans
- A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
- Tax efficient savings through our Cycle to Work scheme
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
- The full time equivalent for this role is £19,792 based on 37.5 hours per week
To view the job profile, please click here
Closing Date: 24 January 2019
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent illegal working.
An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Housing Services Limited is a subsidiary of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Manager £10,000 - £19,999 Permanent jobs in Ipswich
- Administration Manager £10,000 - £19,999 Permanent jobs in Ipswich
- Residential Development & Construction Manager £10,000 - £19,999 Permanent jobs in Ipswich
- Health and safety Manager £10,000 - £19,999 Permanent jobs in Ipswich
- Other Housing jobs Manager £10,000 - £19,999 Permanent in Ipswich