Voids Support Officer
This Support Officer role within the wider Surveying & Voids service will help support the delivery of the services objective, with a key focus on customer liaison and satisfaction; continuous improvement and delivery.
The role requires good communication, collaboration, customer focused and organisational skills. You will have a proactive approach and the ability to build effective relationships within customers, other departmental team(s) key stakeholders across the organisation.
- To provide relevant support to the various teams within the service.
- To deal with routine enquires from external agencies, internal customers and stakeholders in a professional manner within pre-agreed departmental and company timeframes.
- Support the Peabody Complaints Team in the investigation, management and response to complaints from customers.
- Manage enquires and requests for service via the telephone, computer and all other means of communication that come from internal and external customers.
- Support the teams with preparing project programmes using Microsoft Project, Microsoft Excel to track projects from inception to the end of the Defects Liability period. This shall include management of the supply chain and programme to ensure continuous work flow.
- Ensure our customers are regularly and clearly communicated with, kept up-to-date on progress and their expectations managed.
- Monitoring progress of works with special emphasis on works in progress liaising with the supply chain to ensure works are completed in target, raising works orders for the supply chain, monitor outcomes and completion targets.
- To work in collaboration with other departments to ensure that a seamless service is delivered to Clients and that key performance indicators are met.
- To liaise with both internal and external stakeholders, to coordinate programmes of repair work and improvements.
- To set up and maintain any databases, spreadsheets and systems as required.
- To arrange meetings and training seminars, confirming dates, venues and attendance as necessary, preparing meeting rooms and organising any required equipment, collating papers for distribution, ordering and / or providing refreshments, and taking minutes when requested.
- To ensure suitable filing and recording systems are in place, and that information is accessible for all.
- To collect the department’s post during the day and to scan and distribute each item of mail to relevant staff as quickly and as accurately as possible. To arrange the dispatch of items by recorded delivery or by courier as requested.
- Promote good office and IT ‘housekeeping’ throughout the department, ensuring the office environment is clean, tidy and clutter free.
- To prepare reports using Microsoft and other databases as well as written text.
- To ensure that invoices are processed in an efficient and timely manner and that accurate recording of such payments takes place.
- Ability to work independently, exercising good initiative and judgement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven time management and prioritisation skills.
- Proven experience and ability to deliver excellent customer care and valuing diversity.
- Proven attention to detail and ability to work on a variety of tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines and targets
- Demonstrable experience in a role which has required good admin skills, including keyboard, telephone, IT and experience of working with databases.
- Experience of raising, monitoring and recording work orders though a relevant housing / repair management system.
- Experience in coordinating and following up on work programmes.
- Experience in investigating and reporting on numerous sources of data
- Experience in dealing with a wide range of people including clients, staff, contractors and external agencies.
- Some experience with high profile legal cases.
- Experience in diary management and appointment scheduling.
- Knowledge and understanding of an administration service and problem solving in the absence of key staff.
- Educated to A-Level, NVQ 3 or equivalent or extensive experience in a similar role.