Development Manager - Construction
We’re looking for a talented individual to join our Development Construction team and manage the delivery of our Sussex and Surrey portfolio of schemes.
You will need a ‘can do’ attitude and be experienced in development construction delivery. You will provide excellent customer service to internal and external clients. The successful candidate will need to demonstrate a track record in hitting tough targets for delivery of schemes to practical completion.
The post is based in our Watch Oak Offices at Battle East Sussex, covering Sussex and Surrey.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and attributes:
- Be positive in your outlook and a perennial high achiever working well under pressure.
- Leading and managing a team to deliver a programme of developments through to handover and final evaluation, as well as project managing individual schemes.
- Managing budgets and programmes to ensure target are met including the portfolio of schemes are handed over on time, on budget and to agreed standards.
- To have lead responsibility for resolving construction issues, taking corrective action when necessary.
- Understanding planning legislation, contract law, building regulations and audit compliance
- Be able to demonstrate a track record of successfully taking complex housing schemes through to practical completion.
- Have excellent negotiation and communication skills and be able to demonstrate how you value, create and sustain stakeholder relationships
- Be fully self-sufficient and proficient in IT and Microsoft applications including word and excel
- Be analytical in your approach and be able to interrogate financial information.
- To be educated to degree/HND level or equivalent; Working towards Attaining or membership of the RICS or CIOB.
- Successful applicants will need to be available for interview on 11 February 2019
At Optivo our aim is to have a diverse and inclusive workforce where people are respected for who they are. We embrace and celebrate cultural diversity in the workplace and value the strengths it brings us as an organisation. We believe that everyone deserves to be treated with respect irrespective of age, caring responsibilities, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. We treat everyone we house, serve, employ and work with fairly and expect and encourage others to do the same.
More searches like this
- Homes and Asset Management Manager £60,000 - £69,999 Permanent jobs in East Sussex
- Project management Manager £60,000 - £69,999 Permanent jobs in East Sussex
- Residential Development & Construction Manager £60,000 - £69,999 Permanent jobs in East Sussex
- Construction Manager £60,000 - £69,999 Permanent jobs in East Sussex
- Development / regeneration Manager £60,000 - £69,999 Permanent jobs in East Sussex