Commercial Property Case Officer
Commercial Property Case Officer
£27,273 per annum (rising to £28,709 after 12 months, subject to satisfactory performance)
35 hours per week
Why work for us?
One of the UK’s leading providers of housing, care and commercial services, Sanctuary Group employs more than 13,000 people and manages over 100,000 units of accommodation throughout England and Scotland, including general rented, retirement living, supported housing, student and key worker accommodation and care homes. Sanctuary also provides a range of other services including maintenance, care and telecare, all of which are delivered by our dedicated employees who are completely committed to customer service.
We are looking to appoint a Commercial Property Case Officer working in the Asset directorate. The varied role will involve undertaking a wide range of property case work with a strong focus on leases, which will involve negotiating heads of terms for commercial leases, having a strong understanding of the workings of a lease and assisting with the matter through to completion. The role will also involve getting involved in a wide range of disposals, including the disposal of Group owned property and land, releases of restrictive covenants and granting of easements and rights of way. This is an excellent opportunity for an organised ambitious individual to take on a varied role that will give excellent exposure to a wide range of the Group’s internal and external stakeholders.
The role of Commercial Property Case Officer will include:
- Undertaking property legal case work for the Group’s property portfolio including instructing valuations, obtaining approval, instructing solicitors and assisting with the completion of property transactions
- Leading on lease negotiations and undertaking rent reviews
- Analysing the Group’s leased stock, involving renewing leases, surrendering or acquiring and purchasing freeholds where appropriate
- Use of SAP to manage the Group’s disposals and leases
- Resolving problems with property related cases by putting forward solutions and preparing concise written reports
- Keeping accurate and up-to-date records for auditing purposes
Skills and experiences:
- Experience of dealing with property transactions with a strong focus on leases and disposals
- Familiarity with drafting and interpreting heads of terms for leases and property related transactions
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills are imperative to success within the role as is the ability to use your own initiative
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to plan effectively and meet tight deadlines
- Confident user of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer you access to a range of great employee benefits and the opportunity to develop and progress within your career. Benefits include:
- A pension scheme, with matching employer contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits
- 25 days leave (rising to a maximum of 30 days) plus public holidays
- Life assurance
- Health & well-being plans
- Discounted products & services
- Personal advice and counselling
- Family-friendly arrangements
- Tax efficient savings through our Cycle to Work scheme
- Learning and development opportunities
Closing Date: 28 January 2019
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent unlawful working.
Sanctuary Group is a trading name of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.