£10k per annum plus expenses – approximately two and a half days per month
Advance Housing and Support Limited provides housing, support, employment and other community related services, specialising in supporting people with learning difficulties and mental health conditions. We provide a number of different types of services, including small-scale residential care homes, supported living services, shared ownership homes, community support services, day services and employment services.
We are a £32m business and operate over a large geographical area across the Midlands, London, South East and South West. We have offices in Witney (Oxfordshire), London, Leicester and Camborne (Cornwall); we also have a number of smaller offices.
Our vision is to transform the lives of people with a disability or mental health condition by providing the best quality housing, support and employment services. We want to enable our customers to live the lives they choose, achieve their personal goals, feel valued and know their voices are heard.
This is an exciting time to join Advance as we deliver our Strategic Plan (2017–2020). This strategy will help us achieve this vision and ensure we deliver leaner, more efficient services for our customers, motivate our staff to achieve their best and ensure our customers have a meaningful say in our work. It will ensure we continue to innovate and grow our services by partnering with others to meet and anticipate customer and commissioner needs. The strategy will also deliver value for money and secure our long-term financial stability, so that we can invest and grow.
We are seeking candidates with a range of non-executive experience gained in organisations of a similar scale, complexity and (preferably) regulatory regime. Other essentials include the following:
- Strategic leadership and vision
- Governance experience
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ambitions for our customers and Advance as well as commitment to enabling our customers to realise their individual potential.
The time commitment for the Chair position is approximately 30 days per annum (including preparation time etc.). The remuneration is £10k per annum plus expenses. Board meetings are held in our main office in Witney or London and usually start at 11am.
For further details please read our recruitment pack at: www.altairltd.co.uk/job/ALT235
Alternatively, please click on the "Apply" button at the end of the page.
The closing date is: 10:00am on Monday 4 February 2019.
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Board member Board Member - Salary + Expenses Permanent jobs in Witney
- Corporate Services Board member Board Member - Salary + Expenses Permanent jobs in Witney
- Homes and Asset Management Board member Board Member - Salary + Expenses Permanent jobs in Witney
- Residential Development & Construction Board member Board Member - Salary + Expenses Permanent jobs in Witney
- Executive & Senior Board member Board Member - Salary + Expenses Permanent jobs in Witney