Home Ownership Officer
Fixed term maternity Cover
Here at Metropolitan Thames Valley Housing we are constantly changing, developing and improving the lives and environments for our customers. We value our people and the contributions they make to help us to achieve our priorities.
You will be responsible for processing Voluntary Right to Buy (VRTB) applications through to completion in accordance with the procedures and to communicate effectively with customers over their eligibility and the status of their application. You will also process staircasing, redemptions, shared ownership re-sales, Right to Buy, lease extensions, subletting, alterations and other sales transactions.
What you will be doing
1. Communicate effectively with homeowners, potential buyers and solicitors and read and interpret leases to give effective advice to customers and other key internal and external stakeholders.
2. Help to achieve or exceed the sales targets for Home Ownership activities by effectively managing a case load. Ensure that all activities are progressed in accordance with procedures and within published timescales.
3. Support customers during the sales process by providing effective advice on the procedure and keeping the customer updated on the progress of their case.
4. Support colleagues in other internal teams and provide effective advice on interpretation of leases and home ownership issues.
5. Provide accurate information to potential customers and solicitors in order that they can make informed decisions on their purchase.
6. Ensure all systems and records are updated and are accurate at all times.
7. Contribute with ideas and new initiatives to improve processes, increase sales and drive up customer satisfaction with Home Owner services.
8. Deal with confidential data in accordance with Data Protection Act and ensure that payment of fees taken over the phone are dealt with securely and in compliance with regulations.
9. Process applications in accordance with the VRTB Guidance and MTVH`s policies and procedures.
Skills and experience you need
- Demonstrable experience of managing Right to Buy or Preserved Right to Buy transactions.
- Knowledge of the legislation applied to Right to Buy or Preserved Right to Buy asset disposals.
- Ability to explain complex or technical information to a variety of audiences - both internal and external.
- Proven experience of providing excellent customer services.
- Good written and verbal communication.
- Basic legal knowledge of other home ownership products.
-You are confident in your ability to deliver a high quality effective service
-You are a team player with strong interpersonal skills
-You have a "can do" attitude and a positive approach
Metropolitan Thames Valley Housing is one of the UK`s leading providers of affordable housing and care and support services. We employ over 1900 people to manage and develop our large portfolio of nearly 56,000 homes serving over 75,000 customers across London, the East Midlands, Southern and the East of England.
How we reward you
Our staff are as important to us as our customers. When working with us you will be introduced to a huge variety of benefits including:
-A unique benefits package that can be adapted to suit each individual.
-The opportunity to choose from a wide variety of benefits which includes options around Health and Wellbeing Programme
-Discounts with multiple retailers and many more.
-An impressive Pension Scheme
-28 days annual leave plus bank holidays, with the ability to buy and sell up to 5 days!
All employment decisions at MTVH are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to age, disability, gender reassignment, marital status, pregnancy or maternity, race or religion, sex or sexual orientation.
"We are proud to have been recognised by Disability Confident for our commitment to disabled people and those with long term health conditions by providing fair and equal opportunities for all applicants enabling them to fulfil their potential and realise their aspirations."
To apply: Please upload an updated CV and a one page supporting statement outlining why you are interested in the role and how you meet the key criteria for the post.