Scheme Manager - Part Time
Sanctuary Housing Services manages rented and shared ownership homes and supports community initiatives for thousands of customers across England. Our staff help make a real difference to the quality of people’s lives
Scheme Manager – Part Time
Shaftesbury House, Grange Road, London
£12,790 per annum (rising to £13,463 after 12 months service subject to satisfactory performance)
21 hours per week – Monday, Wednesday & Friday – 9am to 4.30pm
Why work for us?
Sanctuary Housing is one of the UK’s leading social landlords, providing around 70,000 homes across England. We give our residents good quality, affordable homes in communities that they can be proud of. As part of a not-for-profit organisation, we reinvest any surplus we make back into the local communities we serve.
We have an excellent opportunity for a Scheme Manager to join our well established Housing for Older People Scheme based in Grange Road. You will be part of a small team, primarily working independently, with a focus on making a real difference to the lives our residents. You will be responsible for providing support to maintain residents’ well-being and independence together with delivering a quality housing management service. Full support and training will be provided and although challenging, the role is equally rewarding. If you are highly motivated, compassionate and enjoy working with people, this could be the role for you.
The role of Scheme Manager will include:
- Supporting residents by providing information on local activities and services in order to promote independence
- Assisting residents with queries regarding welfare benefits and rent accounts, liaising with the Income Team
- Undertaking compliance checks and scheme inspections, ensuring we comply with health and safety
- Working with external agencies such as Social Workers concerning additional support requirements
- Identifying potential repairs or faults in the scheme, ensuring they are reported and monitored
- Attending meetings with the residents to discuss changes to scheme services
Skills and experiences:
- Experience of working with older people in a support capacity or vulnerable client groups is essential
- A basic working knowledge of welfare benefits and rent accounts is mandatory
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills, allowing you to build strong relationships
- The ability to work on own initiative in a high paced environment
- Experience of using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook), or similar
- Occasional travel between schemes will be required; therefore a full, current driving licence would be desirable
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer a comprehensive reward and benefits package appropriate for the role that you do, including:
- A pension scheme, with matching employer contributions from Sanctuary, up to set limits
- At least 25 days paid holiday, rising to 30 days after 5 years service (pro rata)
- Life assurance
- Family friendly arrangements, including opportunities for flexible working
- Health and well-being plans
- A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
- Tax efficient savings through our Cycle to Work scheme
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
- The full time equivalent salary for this role is £22,840 based on 37.5 hours per week
To view the job profile please click here
Closing Date: 31 January 2019
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent illegal working.
An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Housing Services Limited is a subsidiary of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Assistant / coordinator £10,000 - £19,999 Permanent jobs in London (West)
- Anti-social behaviour Assistant / coordinator £10,000 - £19,999 Permanent jobs in London (West)
- Housing / neighbourhood management Assistant / coordinator £10,000 - £19,999 Permanent jobs in London (West)
- Corporate Services Assistant / coordinator £10,000 - £19,999 Permanent jobs in London (West)
- Administration Assistant / coordinator £10,000 - £19,999 Permanent jobs in London (West)