Accounts Receivable Manager
Accounts Receivable Manager – Shared Service Centre
£37,380 per annum (rising to £39,347 after 12 months, subject to satisfactory performance) – 15% uplift if a recognised accountancy qualification is held
35 hours per week
Why work for us?
One of the UK’s leading providers of housing, care and commercial services, Sanctuary Group employs more than 13,000 people and manages over 100,000 units of accommodation throughout England and Scotland, including general rented, retirement living, supported housing, student and key worker accommodation and care homes. Sanctuary also provides a range of other services including maintenance, care and telecare, all of which are delivered by our dedicated employees who are completely committed to customer service.
The Accounts Receivable Manager will be responsible for the overall performance of our high volume Accounts Receivable function within our Corporate Shared Service Centre which is pivotal in delivering a first class service to all operational business areas and external customers. Driving high performance through strong leadership of a highly focussed and dedicated team, this is an excellent opportunity to look at current processes and procedures from a fresh perspective and advise on potential improvements and efficiencies.
Whilst there is daily interaction with the internal credit control teams, this role does not include the management of the credit control function.
The role of Accounts Receivable Manager – Shared Service Centre will include:
- Managing the Accounts Receivable and Accounts Receivable functions with a team of c. 30 staff (2 direct reports)
- Ensuring that charges/invoicing is accurate and timely and that cash is posted and allocated without undue delay
- Monitoring and managing Accounts Receivable risk and compliance, ensuring queries are resolved promptly
- Monitoring team performance and reporting internally to ensure achievement of daily/weekly service targets
- Progressing projects to improve processes and create a dynamic workforce to match volume peaks
- Representing Accounts Receivable and liaising with internal customers across the business
- Pro actively managing team related communications to keep the business informed
Skills and experiences:
- Previous experience of managing, motivating and developing a large accounting or transactional finance team is essential
- A proven track record in a high volume/high value Accounts Receivable (or similar) function
- An understanding of accounting treatment for accounts receivable
- The ability to challenge existing processes in order to continuously improve the effectiveness of the team
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office, prior use of SAP is advantageous
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer you access to a range of great employee benefits and the opportunity to develop and progress within your career. Benefits include:
- A pension scheme, with matching employer contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits
- 25 days leave (rising to a maximum of 30 days) plus public holidays
- Life assurance
- Health & well-being plans
- Discounted products & services
- Personal advice and counselling
- Family-friendly arrangements
- Tax efficient savings through our Cycle to Work scheme
- Learning and development opportunities
Closing Date: 25 January 2019
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent unlawful working.
Sanctuary Group is a trading name of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.