Assistant Support Worker - 9 Portman Close
Hightown is a charitable housing association operating principally in Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire Buckinghamshire and Berkshire. We believe everyone should have a home and the support they need, so our aim is to build new homes and to provide excellent housing and support.
We currently manage over 6,000 homes and employ over 1,000 full and part time staff from our head office in Hemel Hempstead. We have an annual turnover of £80 million and a development programme that will deliver around 400 new affordable homes each year.
About the Role
We currently have an opportunity for a full time (37.5 hours per week) Assistant Support Worker at a supported living service for people with learning disabilities and mental health problems in Bracknell for caring, enthusiastic people who enjoy helping others and seeing the difference their support can make to enable individuals to lead independent and fulfilling lives.
Working as part of a dedicated team, your role as an Assistant Support Worker is to provide appropriate support to service users with their day to day needs, within their own home, which may be in a supported living scheme or in the wider community. This will involve personal care administering and ordering medication, organising activities to include social inclusion and supporting the residents on day trips out.
As an Assistant Support Worker you will follow agreed support plans and risk assessments to ensure that we are providing a service that meets each individual`s needs, supports their aspirations and maximises their independence.
We are looking for passionate people with a `can-do` attitude who are driven by the desire to make a difference and who have the ability to recognise the wishes and needs of vulnerable adults and communicate effectively using different methods according to people`s needs.
You will need to be able to work shifts as part of a rota system which will include weekend and bank holiday working. You must be able to work as part of a team to deliver an excellent service to the people we support and be flexible in your approach to work. You will have a commitment to equality and diversity and take a positive approach to supporting people with learning disabilities.
Experience is desirable but not essential.
All applicants must hold a valid UK driving licence.
In return for your hard work and commitment to our service users, we offer a considerable benefits package. This includes:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 25 days per year, plus statutory bank holidays, rising with service (pro rata for part time hours)
- £16,653 pa for a 37.5 hour a week contract plus overtime and bonuses available on top of your basic salary
- Full time, part time and casual hours available
- Comprehensive training and development support from day one with the opportunity to gain a recognised vocational qualification
- Regular support from your line manager and colleagues
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
- Monthly attendance bonus
- Annual salary and cost of living review
- Commitment to health and wellbeing with the Five Ways to Wellbeing
- Workplace pension scheme
- Life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Fully paid DBS
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Employee assistance helpline
- Mileage paid for car usage
- Structured rota so you know your work pattern in advance
If you are interested in joining our friendly team, please apply below.
In accordance with CQC regulations, appointment to this position will be subject to satisfactory DBS, reference and medical checks.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.
How to Apply
To apply for the position of Assistant Support Worker please complete an online application form.
Please see below for a copy of the Assistant Support Worker job description.
Closing date: Sunday 3rd February 2019
Interview date: To be confirmed
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Assistant / coordinator £10,000 - £19,999 Permanent jobs in Bracknell
- Care and support Assistant / coordinator £10,000 - £19,999 Permanent jobs in Bracknell
- Housing / neighbourhood management Assistant / coordinator £10,000 - £19,999 Permanent jobs in Bracknell
- Social Care Assistant / coordinator £10,000 - £19,999 Permanent jobs in Bracknell
- Supported / sheltered housing Assistant / coordinator £10,000 - £19,999 Permanent jobs in Bracknell