FRA Project Surveyor (1 Year FTC)
As part of Peabody's on-going commitment to fire safety, we are looking to recruit a 1 Year Fixed Term FRA Project Surveyor to join our newly formed Fire Delivery Team. The purpose of the team is to deliver remedial and major specialist works identified from our Fire Risk Assessment programme, to the organisations housing stock.
In order to achieve the purpose of the service, we require a competent, experienced and effective Project Surveyor / Manager to manage larger capital projects associated with fire safety, as well as to deliver general remedial actions coming out of FRA's. You will have extensive experience of building surveying / building pathology, project and contractor management.
This is an ideal opportunity for the right candidate to develop in the area of fire safety works, and to shape a fairly new service.
• Ability to work independently, exercising good initiative and judgement
• Proven project and contractor management skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proven time management and prioritisation skills
• Proven attention to detail and ability to work on a variety of tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines and targets
• To ensure that all policies and procedures are adhered to so that consistent and standard practice is achieved across the organisation.
• Extensive experience of building surveying and specific experience of building maintenance, preferably within a social housing context.
• Experience in managing an extensive, complex and varying caseload, with projects from inception to completion.
• Demonstrable experience and skills managing customer relationships to ensure a high level of customer care and satisfaction
• Knowledge of Schedule of Rates and methods of measurement, with experience in achieving and ensuring Value for Money
• Up to date knowledge of Health & Safety and other legislation relevant to the role
• Ability to achieve results and deliver challenging objectives.
• Excellent all-round IT skills.
• Strong approach to teamwork and the ability to collaborate and step-up when to help the organisation achieve its mission.
• Experience preparing and delivering persuasive, high quality, written and verbal reports and presentations within the organisation up to Executive and committee level and externally as well as ability to write, disseminate and assess detailed technical reports.
• Construction based qualification (Degree, HND, HNC or similar) or at least three years’ experience in a similar role.