Waking Night Worker - Open Door - Fixed Term Contract until 31st March 2020
Hightown is a charitable housing association operating principally in Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Berkshire and Buckinghamshire. We believe everyone should have a home and the support they need, so our aim is to build new homes and to provide excellent housing and support.
We manage over 6,000 homes and employ over 1,000 full and part time staff from our head office in Hemel Hempstead. We have an annual turnover of £80 million and a development programme that will deliver around 400 new affordable homes each year.
About the role
We currently have an opportunity for full time (35 hours) Waking Night Worker at Open Door homelessness service and night shelter in St Albans. This is a fixed term contract until 31st March 2020.
The Waking Night Worker will work as part of a team to provide a service that meets and responds to the individual needs of our service users. They will take responsibility for staying awake throughout the night to ensure the safety and security of the service, responding appropriately to needs and emergencies and seek support/ guidance from the on call person or other professionals and agencies as required.
The post holder will undertake household and administration tasks throughout the night as detailed. Ensuring the security of the service is paramount, including service users, the building and all contents.
We are looking for someone who can:
- Positively engage with and sustain appropriate relationships with individuals who are often unwilling to engage with services
- Flexible approach when dealing with single people with support needs
- Work on own initiative and as a part of a team
- Act calmly and respond professionally in stressful and difficult situations
We welcome applications from people who have experienced homelessness. Open Door Homelessness Service works with people who are at risk of sleeping and living on the streets. The service provides overnight accommodation for up to 12 individuals and a day-time drop in service for people in housing need.
In return for your hard work and commitment to our service users, we offer a considerable benefits package. This includes:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 25 days per year, plus statutory bank holidays, rising with service (pro rata for part time hours)
- Overtime and bonuses available on top of your basic salary
- Comprehensive training and development support from day one with the opportunity to gain a recognised vocational qualification
- Regular support from your line manager and colleagues
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
- Monthly attendance bonus
- Annual salary and cost of living review
- Commitment to health and wellbeing with the Five Ways to Wellbeing
- Workplace pension scheme
- Life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Fully paid DBS
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Employee assistance helpline
- Mileage paid for car usage
- Structured rota so you know your work pattern in advance
How to Apply
Please see below for a copy of the Waking Night Worker job description.
Closing date: Thursday 31st January 2019
Interview date: Tuesday 5th February 2019
In accordance with CQC regulations, appointment to this position will be subject to satisfactory DBS, reference and medical checks.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Fixed Term Contract jobs in St Albans
- Care and support Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Fixed Term Contract jobs in St Albans
- Housing / neighbourhood management Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Fixed Term Contract jobs in St Albans
- Social Care Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Fixed Term Contract jobs in St Albans
- Supported / sheltered housing Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Fixed Term Contract jobs in St Albans