This role will be based in our head office in Euston with travel required to all our sites across North London and Hertfordshire.
Origin Housing is a provider of affordable housing and care and support services in London and Hertfordshire. We own and manage over 6,000 homes and customers, have a turnover of over £45 million and aim to provide great homes and build strong communities.
Our Property Maintenance team have a vacancy for a Technical Officer. Reporting into the Building Surveyor the purpose of the role is to deliver maintenance services to buildings in a way that is customer focused and offers value for money.
The role will entail carrying out inspections at our properties to diagnose repair and property issues, assisting with the management of our repairs contract, progressing difficult jobs and providing advice to our residents.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- HNC in building studies or equivalent trade or have extensive relevant experience in the field.
- Up to date knowledge of Health & Safety and other legislation relevant to the role.
- Knowledge of contract management.
- Understanding of building construction and maintenance related contracts
- Working at heights and Asbestos awareness trained – Desirable
- Full driving licence and access to a vehicle for work essential.
- Experience of working in a customer focused role in a similar environment.
- Managing the delivery of responsive repairs in residential properties.
- Working knowledge of Schedule of Rates and other methods of measurement.
- Experience of defect diagnosis on residential buildings and managing repairs to rectify the defects.
- Experience and skills managing customer and client/stakeholder relationships to ensure a high level of customer care and satisfaction.
To apply for this role, please visit www.originhousing.org.uk and complete an online application form ensuring that you address all of the key requirements within the role profile, including relevant examples of how you have met them. Try to contain this information to no more than two pages to be considered for an interview.
This role is also subject to a satisfactory DBS check
In return Origin Housing offers a wide range of benefits, including:
- Generous annual leave which accrues with service, carry forward 5 days leave per year, maximum of 15 days in a period of 3 years
- Cycle to work scheme
- Contributory pension
- Discounted health scheme which allows you to claim certain health costs including dental care
- Eye care vouchers for glasses and examination appointments
- Interest free season loan tickets
- Performance related pay based on appraisal rating
- Interest free loans including: gym, work / job related study
- Enhanced maternity / paternity pay and leave, gift on a birth of a child
- Annual staff conference
Origin is committed to equality and diversity and values the diversity of the communities we work in. We aim to have a workforce that reflects this and therefore encourage applications from all areas of the community.
Closing date: 03/02/2019
Interview and assessment date: W/C 11/02/2019