Job Description, Kirklees Better Outcomes Partnership (“KBOP”)
Title: KBOP Project Director
Role: Leading the mobilisation and delivery of a floating support service helping vulnerable people in Kirklees to live independently.
Position: Full time
Start Date: As soon as possible
Deadline: 22nd February. Interviews to take place late February and early March
A unique and exciting opportunity to design, develop and deliver an innovative programme delivering floating support services to vulnerable people in West Yorkshire. The programme will be working with 6,000 vulnerable people in Kirklees over a 5-year period, helping them to secure suitable accommodation and giving them the skills required to sustain these tenancies independently over time. Kirklees Better Outcomes Partnership (“KBOP”) is a social enterprise that is bidding for the contract with Kirklees Council to oversee the delivery of this programme. https://www.kirkleesbetteroutcomespartnership.org/
The project is an outcomes contract where we are paid for achieving positive social outcomes for our clients relating to accommodation, education, employment and improvements in wellbeing. This model allows flexibility in how the service is delivered with a focus on evolving the service delivery model to best achieve the target outcomes for the people we support. KBOP is in partnership with a group of 9 local charities and social enterprises that have been delivering floating support services in Kirklees for over 15 years. Between them these organisations have the front-line delivery expertise to provide support to people with a range of needs. These include; individuals who are homeless or at immediate risk of becoming homeless, individuals with mental health or substance misuse issues, victims of domestic violence, ex-offenders as well as other groups. The role of KBOP will be to drive continuous improvement across the service, set the strategy for the programme, and manage key stakeholder relationships, including with Kirklees Council, the service commissioner.
KBOP is financially backed by Bridges Fund Management, a social investor. Bridges has a mission to provide capital and support to help social sector organisations deliver outcomes contracts. They do this through their investments in Social Impact Bonds and have, to date, invested in 30 SIBs across various sectors (http://www.bridgesfundmanagement.com/for-investors/bridges-social-impact-bond-fund/) .
The project director will work for KBOP during the mobilisation and delivery of the contract. They will have significant freedom to develop and expand the service working in close collaboration with the diverse set of stakeholders involved. During the mobilisation phase their key responsibilities will include;
- Recruit the KBOP team for the delivery of the contract (expected 4-6 staff member
- Lead the set-up of governance and reporting systems and processes
- Lead programme readiness activities with the selected delivery partners
- Establish partnerships with key local commissioners and service delivery organisations
Once the programme has launched their key responsibilities will include;
- Leading and developing the team of KBOP staff members
- Representing KBOP within Kirklees, both within the Local Authority and externally to the wider community
- Monitoring, analysing and interpreting data around performance to identify trends, challenges and opportunities in performance
- Reporting to the KBOP board, commissioner project board and other stakeholders as required
- Developing and implementing strategic plans to develop the service and achieve the target outcome for clients
- Setting and maintaining quality standards for the service
The successful candidate will have;
- Excellent leadership and strategic development skills
- Excellent senior stakeholder skills and inter-personal skills
- Mind for details and operational delivery experience
- Comfort with numbers and performance management
- Understanding of public policy
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Enthusiasm for outcomes contracting and driving systems change
- Experience of successful operational delivery of projects (payment-by-results or SIB experience desirable)
- Experience in Homelessness sector & or related social sector
- Experience in delivering services in employment, substance misuse treatment and mental health.
- Experience working with Local Government desirable
- Experience growing / developing a business / social sector organisation desirable
Negotiable dependent on experience and pension contribution at 5%. Annual leave 25 days.
Applicants to the role should send their CV and supporting statement (no more than 2 A4 sides each) to email@example.com by 22nd February 2019.
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Head of services £70,000 - £89,999 Permanent jobs in Kirklees
- Employment Head of services £70,000 - £89,999 Permanent jobs in Kirklees
- Homelessness Head of services £70,000 - £89,999 Permanent jobs in Kirklees
- Executive & Senior Head of services £70,000 - £89,999 Permanent jobs in Kirklees
- Senior management Head of services £70,000 - £89,999 Permanent jobs in Kirklees