National Housing Adviser
The CLA is the membership organisation representing owners of land, property and over 250 types of businesses in rural England and Wales. Our members are major residential landlords in the countryside, and we are seeking to appoint an experienced housing professional, who is able both to advise our members and lobby for their interests at all levels of Government in England and Wales.
We are seeking to appoint a Housing Adviser individual who can demonstrate experience in housing policy and legislation, covering England and Wales. The role will be a key member of the CLA’s policy and advisory team, and the successful candidate will be responsible for promoting the CLA’s standing as a key provider and manager of rural housing.
The successful candidate, educated to degree level, will demonstrate:
- A comprehensive knowledge and understanding of housing policy and legislation as well as other matters relating to management and ownership of rural housing
- Have a working knowledge of policies for the delivery of new housing
- An understanding of Minimum Energy Efficiency legislation and other key lettings policies
- Knowledge of the Private Rented Sector and experience of working with and advising private landlords on their obligations.
- Ability and confidence to communicate at a high level with a wide range of policy advisers, stakeholders and decision makers both in the UK
- Ability to advise, inform and update CLA members on relevant matters.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the key issues affecting rural land managers and businesses.
- Ability to make a compelling case both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work as part of a team, coordinating housing policy outputs
- Self motivation and an ability to work on own initiative and take ownership of the policy portfolio
Please apply by email, by clicking the Apply button on this page and completing the steps as prompted. Please ensure you attach your CV and enter your covering letter, explaining how you meet the criteria for the position.
The closing date for applications is 9am on Monday 4th February 2019
First interviews are planned for Wednesday 13th March 2019