Policy & Public Affairs Manager
Now is an exciting time to join LiveWest, the largest housing provider in the South-West. We are a leading developer of affordable and social housing and from Cornwall to Gloucestershire, we are making a real difference for people and communities.
As well as owning more than 36,000 homes, we are developing 1,000 new homes each year, with ambitious plans to build 16,000 new homes over the next ten years.
We’re now seeking a Policy and Public Affairs Manager to support the growth of our profile and significantly contribute to our organisational objectives.
- Salary of £40,500
- Car allowance
- Pension (choice of defined benefit or defined contribution)
- Package of other great benefits in keeping with a premium employer
This role represents an incredible opportunity for a public affairs professional with an understanding of housing and social policy to take on a new challenge with our leading housing organisation.
We’re a leader in the South-West in terms of housing development and we intend to maintain our market share and the superb services we deliver to people right across the region. Your task will be to enable us to maximise our impact by increasing our profile and influencing the direction of housing policy.
As the Policy and Public Affairs Manager, you will ensure that the LiveWest profile is maximised and we are in an influential position when dealing with policy makers and parliamentarians.
Using your understanding of the national and regional policy landscape for housing, you’ll represent our organisation to key external stakeholders and help to shape and influence high-level policy development.
Specifically, your role will involve:
- Working closing with the Executive and Communications Teams
- Driving the central components of our public affairs activity
- Supporting our corporate strategy and vision
- Monitoring the effects of public policy change on the organisation
- Providing advice to senior colleagues
To be considered as our Policy and Public Affairs Manager, you will need:
- Demonstrable experience in understanding policy development and how to showcase coherent arguments
- A good understanding of the current housing agenda in the UK and the challenges that affect the wider sector and organisations within it
- Sound knowledge of public affairs processes and a high level of political awareness
- A degree level qualification (or equivalent) in a relevant subject such as political studies or marketing
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- Outstanding communication skills with the ability to grasp complex issues quickly and how to distil these for a variety of external audiences
- A track record of building effective relationships
- Experience of managing budgets
- A strong grasp of all forms of communication including broadcast and digital
Other organisations may call this role Senior Policy Advisor, Housing Policy Advisor, Housing Policy Development Manager, Policy Development Advisor, Housing PR Manager, Public Affair Manager, or Policy Manager
Webrecruit and LiveWest are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are ready to embark on an exciting journey as our Policy and Public Affairs Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.