Hightown is a charitable housing association operating principally in Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Berkshire and Buckinghamshire. We believe everyone should have a home and the support they need, so our aim is to build new homes and to provide excellent housing and support.
We currently manage over 6,000 homes and employ over 1,000 full and part time staff from our head office in Hemel Hempstead. We have an annual turnover of £80 million and a development programme that will deliver over 400 new affordable homes each year.
Could you evaluate new land opportunities?
Do you have experience of the financial appraisal of prospective new build residential projects along with the skills required to deal with complicated land purchases?
Can you manage the delivery of key housing projects?
About the role
As a rapidly growing Housing Association, Hightown has an active programme of over 1,500 new homes being built or in the pipeline and we currently have a vacancy for a Development Officer.
Based in Hemel Hempstead, this is a versatile role, taking projects from start to finish. Your background could be in project management, property development, construction, planning, or area regeneration. Housing association experience is not necessary but would be an advantage. The successful candidate will be numerate and computer literate, with good skills in negotiation and report writing. You will manage projects under your own initiative, while part of a good supportive team.
Based in pleasant offices, our `can-do` culture is lively and un-bureaucratic. Why not join us?
In return for your hard work and commitment, we offer a considerable benefits package. This includes:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 25 days per year, plus statutory bank holidays, rising with service (pro rata for part time hours)
- £43,000 pa for a 35 hour a week contract and bonuses available on top of your basic salary
- Regular support from your line manager and colleagues
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
- Monthly attendance bonus
- Annual salary and cost of living review
- Commitment to health and wellbeing with the Five Ways to Wellbeing
- Workplace pension scheme
- Life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Employee assistance helpline
- Mileage paid for car usage
- Free on-site gym
Closing date: Sunday 3rd March 2019
Interview dates: Wednesday 13th March 2019
To apply for this position please visit http://www.hightownha.org.uk/careers/ and complete an online application form.
Please be advised that this recruitment process will be carried out online and would ask that you check your emails regularly. Please also quote the reference number of the job when applying
More searches like this
- Homes and Asset Management Officer £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Hemel Hempstead
- Project management Officer £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Hemel Hempstead
- Residential Development & Construction Officer £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Hemel Hempstead
- Development / regeneration Officer £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Hemel Hempstead
- Land acquisition Officer £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Hemel Hempstead