Rental Accounts Assistant
This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to provide accounts assistance and support function within the Finance department in relation to rental income.
The role will include the following responsibilties:
- To respond to all requests in relation to rental direct debits.
- To process new direct debits and changes, including the processing of direct debit notifications from BACS, cancellations, change of bank details and account closures.
- To assist the Rent and Transactions Manager in the implementation of annual direct debit increases following year end rent processes.
- To oversee the sales ledger and monitor income received, including raising invoices to customers, chasing outstanding debt and reconciliation of the sales ledger accounts including the month end process.
- To manage the company insurance which includes logging property and vehicle claims with insurance companies, liaising with staff and customers to resolve queries and monthly reconciliation of the insurance control account.
- Daily extract of Rental Direct Debit payments due, creating BACS payment file for submission to banks to enable payment collection.
- Reconcile interest bearing, deposit and sundry bank accounts for the organization.
- Work closely with the Purchase Ledger Controller ensuring that Purchase Ledger invoices are verified in a timely manner ready for manager approval.
- To raise repair recharge invoices and to upload charges to rent accounts for court costs and Housing Benefit refunds. To process customer refunds and raise utility bill recharges to residents.
- To provide responsive and effective support as directed or delegated by the Rent and Transactions Manager.
The ideal candidate should have previous experience of working within an accounting service, ideally with rental income and account reconciliation experience. They will be educated to GCSE standard or equivalent and should have effective interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to communicate numerical information both verbally and in writing. You must have the ability to prioritise and organize a varied workload and be competent in using accounting systems. It is essential that you have flexibility in the hours worked particularly during the financial year end.
The closing date for application forms is 18 February 2019. Interviews will be held on 27 & 28 February 2019.