Construction Project Manager (New Build)
Be First is a unique company which prides itself on having the business acumen of the private sector, the ethos of the public sector and the vitality of the voluntary sector. Barking and Dagenham is London’s fastest developing borough and Be First, the Council’s pioneering urban regeneration company, provides a fantastic environment for talented regeneration professionals to thrive.
Be First is spearheading the drive to maximise the borough’s potential and deliver 50,000 homes over the next 20 years. At this exciting time for the borough, Greenacre Recruitment are working in partnership with Be First to recruit a number of key positions. We are looking for Construction Project Managers, Assistant Construction Managers, Assistant Quantity Surveyors, Apprenticeship Construction Managers, Clerk of Works and administrators with expertise in new build construction (housing and education), capital works delivery (housing, education, built environment).
Be First to seize the opportunity!
Construction Project Manager (New Build Development)
This post acts as one of the lead Construction Project Managers within the Regeneration Projects Team. The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering a range of internal and external new build development projects up to the value of £120million, co-ordinating projects teams, ensuring the agreed outcomes are delivered on time, within budget and to the required quality standards.
- Manage mixed tenure housing projects that deliver development schemes on time, within budget and to Be First’s quality standard.
- To advise on all aspects of procurement and delivery of new build development, property projects and implementing appropriate procurement and contract strategies, working with clients to define needs to ensure that they meet their business aims and objectives, leading on value planning and risk management exercises prior to the decision to commit.
- To propose a range of projects that meet investment requirements and in conjunction with design, programme and contracts staff, ascertain the feasibility of options undertaking value management and risk management exercises to recommend preferred choices.
- To advise clients on the whole life costs of designing, building, operating, maintaining, decommissioning and, where appropriate, funding new build development programmes.
- To be responsible for delegated budgets, and the planning and control of a programme of projects ensuring that all aspects of cost, time, quality, safety and change control are effectively monitored and managed.
- Monitoring and managing the performance of project teams, project outcomes and the supply chain ensuring that appropriate action is taken to achieve agreed targets for each project and to provide the right working environment to avoid disruption between trades.
- Undertake assigned projects, ensuring that agreed outcomes are delivered on time, within budget and to the expected standard.
- Regularly visit sites to undertake inspections of works and establish standards of quality on site.
- Maintain the highest standards of health, safety and environmental management.
- To lead on project risk management exercises, preparing gateway information as required and alerting the line management to risks to project budget, programme and other projected outputs
- Manage the client expectations and adopt a professional and considerate approach to maintain good working relations.
- To be responsible for the coordination, implementation and delivery of all allocated projects in the most economic manner to eliminate waste and avoid non-recoverable costs and preliminaries losses.
- To prepare and present project plans and reports to a wide variety of audiences as may be required
- Lead and motivate the project team to deliver the projects
- Manage project handover and ensure defect / snag free completion.
- Support the strategy for the closure of defects during defects period and obtain certificate of Making Good Defects within targets set.
- Understand the Performance Targets and, ensure that compliance with appropriate measurement processes are in place.
- May be required to work outside normal working hours to attend stakeholder engagement sessions in relation to portfolio of work
Essential Candidate Criteria:
- Degree level education or equivalent in a construction related subject. (e.g. Construction Technology, Building Surveying or Quantity Surveying)
- Experience of new build residential
- Experience of construction project management
- Experience of managing budgets and cost control
- Experience of co-ordinating and managing project teams
- Being customer friendly, methodical and highly organised.
Desirable Candidate Criteria:
- To be a member of a construction related professional body (e.g. RICS or CIOB)
- To hold a project management qualification or equivalent to Prince2 or APM
Please complete your application by sending your CV, if you have any queries please contact Greenacre using the email address attached to the role
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Greenacre Recruitment Limited who are operating as an employment business.
Greenacre Recruitment Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.
More searches like this
- Homes and Asset Management Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Dagenham
- Procurement Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Dagenham
- Project management Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Dagenham
- Surveying Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Dagenham
- Technical services Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Dagenham