Private Sector Housing Manager
Milton Keynes is a rapidly expanding, vibrant and dynamic place to live, work and play. How better to contribute to that continued success than through a unique and rewarding career with Milton Keynes Council. So if you’re looking for an excellent benefits package and the chance to make a difference, make a move to Milton Keynes Council.
As the Private Sector Housing Manager you will work as part of the Communities Team within the Housing and Regeneration Service to deliver outstanding services in relation to Private Sector Housing, and contribute to the delivery of the Council’s strategic objectives. You will manage and motivate the Private Sector Housing Team to deliver outstanding performance, high customer satisfaction and value for money while building excellent internal and external working relationships to enhance service delivery in Milton Keynes.
- To manage and develop a team of highly trained professionals who regulate and when necessary enforce standards in the private rented sector
- To ensure that private sector housing complaints are recorded and dealt with in accordance with the Council’s policies and legislative framework
- To support the Head of Communities to develop the Council’s strategy, policies and procedures in relation to private sector housing
- To oversee the influx of HMO licence applications and ensure they are processed and licences issued in accordance with the legislation
- To manage the teams activities in respect of empty properties and ensure the effective implementation of the Council’s empty home strategy
Experience, Qualifications and any mandatory requirements
- Degree Level qualification and significant experience in a senior leadership role in Private Sector Housing
- In depth knowledge and experience in the practical application of the Housing Health and Safety Rating System
- Extensive experience in the delivery of operational Housing services
- Good knowledge of Housing Law and wider Housing issues
- CIEH professional qualification or equivalent relevant experience
- Experience of leading outstanding customer focused services
- Experience of developing and delivering strategic plans that deliver corporate objectives
- Experience of leading and delivering change within a complex organisation
- Experience of setting and managing budgets and resources
- Able to lead, motivate, develop and inspire teams
Milton Keynes Council Benefits
Use your skills to benefit the local community and experience a rewarding, interesting environment and attractive employment package such as:
- Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates.
- A generous minimum holiday entitlement of 27 days per year (pro rata) in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 31 days after 5 years.
- Option to buy more annual leave.
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements.
- Excellent in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership and Management.
- Flexibility – with full time, part time and term time working options.
- Fair pay and a commitment to a minimum Living Wage.
- MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings including retail, travel and leisure discounts as well as a suite of salary sacrifice benefits.
At Milton Keynes Council we take great pride in our Community and we hope that you can help us grow and share our vision
For any enquiries regarding this vacancy please contact Garry Wallace on 01908 253751 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information and to apply, please click on the "Apply" button at the end of the page.
Closing Date : 3rd March 2019
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in Milton Keynes
- Housing / neighbourhood management Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in Milton Keynes
- Tenant services Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in Milton Keynes
- Homes and Asset Management Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in Milton Keynes