Remotely based – properties covered are located in the London, Kent and Sussex areas
Salary: £34,000 per annum
Hastoe is an award-winning housing association that manages 7,500 rented, shared ownership and leasehold homes across the south of England. We hold charitable status and support both rural and urban communities by providing affordable and environmentally sustainable homes for local people.
As part of Hastoe’s Asset management team you will prepare specifications, schedules of works and contract documents for tendering or pricing by contractors to meet Hastoe’s planned maintenance and major works programmes. You will conduct inspections and regular checks as necessary to ensure on-site delivery is to a high standard and meets Hastoe’s requirements. You will actively involve our residents in consultations, project planning and delivery of procuring new services. You will also need to carryout investigations on site into building defects or problems and produce technical reports with recommendations.
What we are looking for
You are self motivated and well organised and know how to effectively manage a busy workload. Good negotiation and people management skills are essential to developing and maintaining effective relationships with our suppliers. You must use your initiative and be flexible in your approach to completing your work as our stock is spread over a large geographical area.
Hastoe are dedicated to providing employees with learning and development opportunities to enable them to reach their full potential. Hastoe will support and mentor the right candidate through their APC enabling them to become full members of MRICS.
To do this role you will need:
- Previous experience of working in a construction environment or in a similar role
- A qualification such as BTEC, HNC or HND or a qualification in a construction related subject
- a good knowledge of health and safety legislation including CDM
- proven successful project management and contract administration of planned, cyclical and major repairs projects
- the ability to estimate and value projects of rates or proprietary indices
- experience of managing works using term contracts
- a basic understanding of building pathology and ability to diagnose building related defects
Annual Leave: 25 days (increasing with service up to 28 days) + 1.5 days complimentary leave + option to purchase additional leave.
Pension: Hastoe's employer contributions are based on a matching of your own contribution level plus 2%, up to a maximum of 8%.
Family friendly policies and benefits including:
- Flexible working
- Discounts for local shops, restaurants and gym membership
- Cycle and Car Leasing Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme (advice service)
- Health Cash Plan (a type of health insurance)
Please upload your CV and supporting statement to below by 5pm on Monday, 11 March 2019.
Interviews will be held at our Head Office, Marina House, 17 Marina Place, Hampton Wick, Kingston upon Thames, Surrey, KT1 4BH on Wednesday, 20 March 2019.
For more information about the role or enquiries about the application process please contact the HR Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 8973 0435.
This post is subject to background checks.
More searches like this
- Homes and Asset Management Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in East Sussex
- Maintenance / Repair Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in East Sussex
- Project management Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in East Sussex
- Surveying Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in East Sussex
- Technical services Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in East Sussex