Assistant Director Resident Services
Peabody is looking for an Assistant Director to ensure local accountability to residents while we continue to modernise and transform our services.
ASSESSMENTS AND INTERVIEWS WILL TAKE PLACE ON FRIDAY 1ST OR MONDAY 4TH MARCH
Reporting to the Director, Resident Services, this is an exciting opportunity to effect these changes.
Provide high quality, cost effective, customer-focussed housing services to tenants and homeowners
Ensure that residents are significantly involved in the management of their homes and communities
Support the development of the directorate’s target operating model in order to deliver tangible service improvements and increased customer satisfaction.
Work collaboratively across the organisation to ensure that our homes, estates and neighbourhoods are well managed and maintained and are great places to live
Establish and maintain good working relationships with the local authority partners and other agencies and stakeholders.
As a member of the Leadership team, you will:
- Play an active and key role in achieving the Group’s strategic objectives;
- Be accountable for enabling the Group and subsidiary Boards and Committees to discharge their governance responsibilities effectively;
- Raise the profile and represent the interests of the Group with a wide range of external stakeholders;
- Lead and promote cross functional working between Directorates across the Group;
- Ensure that the Directorate complies with governance risk and regulation and that services are delivered to required standards in line with regulatory and legal requirements;
- Ensure that there is a learning culture which is open, honest and learns from mistakes, complaints and other feedback;
- Take regional responsibility for the management of the Directorate’s budgets and for effective business planning;
- Deliver performance in line with key financial and non-financial objectives within agreed constraints for capital, costs, expenses and risk;
- Ensure the Group’s core policies relating to codes of conduct, diversity, customer care, people management and health and safety are fully implemented throughout the Directorate;
- Ensure that Group control procedures are followed;
- Ensure effective management of the Directorate through succession planning and the development and coaching of direct reports, setting challenging objectives and conducting regular reviews to monitor progress and achievement of targets; and,
- Externally represent and promote Peabody effectively by creating a consistent, professional and positive image.
- Demonstrate being an inspirational leader, with excellent communication skills, that generates confidence and respect with a wide variety of audiences.
- Excellent communication skills; proven record of preparing and delivering persuasive, high quality, written and verbal reports and presentations within the organisation up to Group Board level and externally.
- Proven track record of building and managing effective relationships with Executives, formal governance committees as appropriate, partners and stakeholders.
- Proven experience of successfully leading, managing and coaching employees and supporting them through times of change.
- Proven track record of developing and leading on change management programmes through employee engagement, involvement and collaboration.
- Proven ability to collaborate with leaders, work cross-functionally with diverse groups.
- Strong commercial awareness with knowledge of budget management, planning and proven experience of leading on risk management.
- A commitment to continuing professional development.
- Effective, networking, negotiation and influencing and stakeholder management skills.
- Knowledge of housing legislation, regulation, procedure and best practice.
- Substantial experience of providing effective customer focused services, preferably in a housing setting.
Degree level education is desirable
PREVIOUS APPLICANTS ARE REQUESTED NOT TO APPLY