Development Manager - Community Led Housing (up to one year contract covering maternity)
Locality is the national network of ambitious and enterprising community-led organisations, working together to help neighbourhoods thrive. What unites our 500 members is a sense of ambition for their local neighbourhood, an enterprising approach to finding local solutions to local problems, and a clear sense that this activity should be community-led and based on self-determination.
Locality provides support to our member organisations by capacity-building and skills development, fostering and sharing innovation across our network, and helping them achieve long-term sustainability. g.
Over the past five years we have been developing our work in community led housing and this is now an established and growing area of our work. We have just launched a programme of work with our Community Led Homes partners (the Confederation of Co-operative Housing, National Community Land Trust Network and UK Cohousing) to support the growth of Community Led Housing in England. As part of this we have launched ambitious grant schemes.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about the role community organisations can play in housing and can their organisational and judgement skills to run the grants schemes, as maternity leave cover. We have a flexible approach to covering this role, what we are most interested in is attracting the right person, with the right approach, enthusiasm and skills.
We have a vacancy for a Development Manager (community led housing) maternity leave cover – up to one year’s contract based in London or home working elsewhere in England
The purpose of this role is to deliver and develop Locality’s work in community led housing (CLH). The main responsibilities are:
- You will project manage our CLH grant schemes to support community led housing organisations to develop proposals.
- You will lead on the delivery of our other work within CLH; including running the network for those Locality members who are involved in or exploring CLH,
- You will contribute to Locality’s business development by identifying and pursuing new business opportunities for us and our members to deliver work in CLH.
- And, contribute to our neighbourhood planning work by identifying linkages between this and CLH.
- You have a track record of successful delivery in grant making or housing; and sound project management experience.
- You have experience of co-ordinating and overseeing the work of others via project teams or line management.
- You will need to have experience of building effective relationships and working well with external partners
- You will also need experience of being accountable to funders and managing programme budgets.
- You have excellent organisational and project management skills.
- You will be able to inspire and motivate people.
- You will have excellent communications; numeracy and budget management skills.
- You will be able to prioritise and stay calm under pressure; and have excellent administration and IT skills.
- You will believe in the power of community and want to help create a fairer society.
- You will be flexible and be able to respond to change; solution focused with a can-do attitude.
Interested? Click Apply Now to see our candidate pack for more information about the role and Locality.