Sanctuary Housing Services manages rented and shared ownership homes and supports community initiatives for thousands of customers across England. Our staff help make a real difference to the quality of people’s lives.
Woodview House, Paignton
£22,569 per annum (rising to £23,757 after 12 months service subject to satisfactory performance) – pro rata
20 to 30 hours per week – flexible work pattern
Why work for us?
Sanctuary Housing is one of the UK’s leading social landlords, providing around 70,000 homes across England. We give our residents good quality, affordable homes in communities that they can be proud of. As part of a not-for-profit organisation, we reinvest any surplus we make back into the local communities we serve.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Team Secretary to join our Homeownership team based in Paignton. Working closely with the management team, you will oversee the production of high-quality committee reports and provide administrative support in areas such as health and safety, staff structures and finance. Communicating with a range of Sanctuary contacts and external stakeholders, you’ll play an active role of investigating to ensure queries are resolved in a timely manner. This opportunity would be perfect for a professional individual with strong organisational skills, seeking a rewarding yet challenging role.
The ideal candidate will have a good standard of written English, be numerate and have an eye for detail. Experience with MS Word, Excel and Outlook is essential along with excellent organisational skills. The role involves working with sensitive information and to tight deadlines so the successful candidate will be discreet and confident working under pressure. This role offers a high-profile opportunity to work across all housing operations alongside the most senior managers to help shape and influence service outcomes for customers and the Group.
The role of Team Secretary will include:
- Coordinating diaries, meetings and correspondence
- The collation of data covering areas such as health and safety, budgets and performance indicators
- Liaising through a range of platforms with internal and external stakeholders, ensuring a robust support function is provided
- Supporting management by investigating and responding to queries and complaints and escalating where required
- General administrative tasks to include; meeting preparation, minute taking, accommodation and travel booking, ordering and internal post activities
Skills and experiences:
- Ability to multi-task and effectively prioritise workload to meet deadlines
- Excellent English language skills, confident with editing reports and an eye for detail
- Skilled in using Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Recent experience within a similar role such as Coordinator, Secretary, Administration Officer
- Excellent interpersonal skills allowing you to build strong working relationships
- A proactive working nature with the ability to work on your own initiative
- NVQ Level 3 qualification within a relevant area would be desirable e.g. Business Administration or Customer Service
- Experience working with SAP or in a housing environment would be desirable but not essential
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer a comprehensive reward and benefits package appropriate for the role that you do, including:
- A pension scheme, with matching employer contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits
- At least 25 days paid holiday, rising to 30 days after 5 years service (pro rata)
- Life assurance
- Family friendly arrangements, including opportunities for flexible working
- Health and well-being plans
- A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
- Tax efficient savings through our Cycle to Work scheme
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
The full time equivalent hours are 37.5 per week.
The pro rata salary for this role is between £12,037 (based on 20 hours per week) and £18,055 (based on 30 hours per week). The weekly number of hours is flexible based on the successful candidate’s preference and will be discussed at interview.
To view the job profile, please click here
Closing Date: 5 March 2019
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent illegal working.
Sanctuary Housing Services Limited is a subsidiary of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity..
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Paignton
- Administration Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Paignton
- Residential Development & Construction Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Paignton
- Health and safety Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Paignton
- Other Housing jobs Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent in Paignton