New Housing Project Manager
2 days left
- Organisation Type
- Local authority
New Forest District Council has ambitious but achievable plans to build more affordable housing for local people, and is looking to recruit a New Housing Project Manager.
Ready to take the next step in their development career, the successful applicant will be tasked with identifying, advancing and securing sites and development opportunities for a range of tenures to expand an existing stock of over 5,000 homes. Using their proven knowledge and skills the post-holder will optimise new opportunities through a diversity of sources from council owned land and assets to agreements with private developers – delivering homes for rent and affordable home ownership.
The New Housing Project Manager will work with colleagues throughout the organisation, setting up internal and external project teams as necessary from feasibility to pre-building contract stage, securing planning consent and ensuring that high quality proposals meet identified housing need.
The successful candidate will have demonstrable experience of successfully initiating, negotiating and delivering a diverse range of development projects to pre-building contract stage, including land acquisition.
At NFDC we believe that all our employees make a valuable contribution to the work of the Council and that's why we encourage a trusting and open culture where each employee is supported and respected equally, where ideas are actively sought and self-development promoted.
In return we can offer:
- 27 days leave plus an additional 5 days for 5 years' continuous local government service
- A Flexible Working Hours Scheme – subject to ensuring that service delivery standards and appropriate cover are maintained throughout the day.
- Limited parking on site
- Salary pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme (free 24 hour legal, financial and personal advice for employees)
If you would like to discuss any aspects of the role further, please contact Tim Davis (Housing Development and Strategy Manager) on 02380 285588.
For further information and to apply, please click on the "Apply" button at the end of the page.
Closing date: Midnight on Thursday 28th March 2019
More searches like this
- Homes and Asset Management Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in Lyndhurst
- Business development Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in Lyndhurst
- Residential Development & Construction Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in Lyndhurst
- Development / regeneration Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in Lyndhurst
- Land acquisition Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in Lyndhurst