Senior Shared-ownership Development Officer
New Forest District Council has a new Housing Strategy and ambitious plans to increase the provision of all types of affordable homes throughout the district. As a new role within its Strategy and Development team, the Council is looking recruit a senior Shared-ownership Development Officer who will devise and implement the delivery of innovative new affordable housing schemes across the New Forest. The post–holder will establish a shared-ownership programme for the council as a priority, working with colleagues to identify sites, and to provide the administrative and necessary sales and marketing skills.
With an ability to work collaboratively and communicate at all levels the post-holder will have a key role within the development and enabling team. Overseeing the day to day management of the Housing Enabling Officer, the SSDO will be involved in a wide range of enabling activities and the delivery of exemplary affordable housing policy and practice for the New Forest District Council - a remit that will include liaison with town and rural communities and negotiation with private sector developers, agents and landowners.
Experience of working within an affordable housing development and enabling environment is essential plus the delivery of a shared ownership programme.
At NFDC we believe that all our employees make a valuable contribution to the work of the Council and that's why we encourage a trusting and open culture where each employee is supported and respected equally, where ideas are actively sought and self-development promoted.
In return we can offer:
- 27 days leave plus an additional 5 days for 5 years' continuous local government service
- Limited parking on site
- Salary pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme (free 24 hour legal, financial and personal advice for employees
- A Flexible Working Hours Scheme – subject to ensuring that service delivery standards and appropriate cover are maintained throughout the day.
If you would like to discuss any aspects of the role further, please contact Tim Davis (Housing Development and Strategy Manager) on 02380 285588.
For further information and to apply, please click on the "Apply" button at the end of the page.
Closing date: Midnight on Thursday 28th March 2019
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Lyndhurst
- Policy / Strategy Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Lyndhurst
- Residential Development & Construction Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Lyndhurst
- Development / regeneration Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Lyndhurst
- Health and safety Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Lyndhurst