Business Advisor / Mentor
Are you passionate about helping people transform their lives by supporting communities into self-employment, employment and training?
This is an exciting opportunity where you will work on an innovative East regional partnership Employability Programme; Increase VS. The programme is part funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF). You will provide support to a quality provision that will enhance the lives of our residents on Increase VS to access training, self-employment and employment opportunities.
We are looking for an exceptional Business Advisors / Mentor to be based in our Norwich office on a 2 year fixed term contract. This a busy role where you'll provide information and advice to customers on issues facing them in order to help them make decisions concerning their futures. You'll do this by establishing strong relationships with customers to gain trust and help them plan their futures. You'll develop actions plans and set goals with customers and monitor and record progress along the way.
Your other main duties will include:
- Provide customers requiring business start-up support with advice and guidance to assist them to successfully set up and commence trading and offer on-going mentoring support to go on to maintain their own sustainable business
- Use a variety of techniques to diagnose customers' need for support, referring to specialists to assist in tackling their personal barriers and achieving their personal goals
- Attend and report on meetings as required; these may be occasional weekends or evenings.
To be successful in the role you'll possess (or be working towards) a Level 4 Advice & Guidance or equivalent qualification. You'll have a thorough understanding of the business support landscape and the ability to advise new businesses on options available. You'll have excellent mentoring and coaching skills and have an organised and methodical approach to your work.
A flexible approach to work and the ability to carry our occasional weekend and evening work is vital to the success of this role.
Applicants must be able to regularly travel within the area.
This post is subject to an Enhanced Criminal Record Check Clearance
This is a fantastic opportunity to utilise your extensive skills and experience to really make a difference for people's lives.
If this sounds like an opportunity you'd be interested in, we look forward to hearing from you.
In return we offer you a competitive salary and generous benefits package in a supportive environment, with plenty of scope for your career advancement and salary progression.
Closing Date: Thursday 7th March at midday
Interviews will be held on 20th March in Norwich.
This post is funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF)
A charitable foundation, Clarion Futures, will invest £150 million over 10 years to deliver one of the largest social investment programmes in the country. Clarion Futures will:
- Support 4,000 people into work and training
- Provide 250 high quality apprenticeships
- Give 3,000 residents free debt advice and provide over 2,000 affordable loans to residents
- Assist 15,000 young people to make a better start in life.
Clarion Futures is part of Clarion Housing Group, which also comprises the country's largest housing association, a property development company and a repairs and maintenance service.
Transforming lives and communities.
Clarion Housing Group is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce.