We’re in one of the most exciting periods in the history of Guinness and have ambitious, challenging objectives for the future. Our Guinness 2023 Strategy is all about our vision for creating and maintaining an amazing organisation, both for our customers and our employees. Over the next 5 years we will focus on delivering our vision to improve people’s lives and create possibilities for them – by delivering great customer service, providing great homes, being a great place to work and being a great business.
Overview of the Role
Reporting into the Estates Services Officer you will be responsible for providing high quality cleaning services to several of our estates in the Brighton area. We are looking for someone who has previous experience of cleaning estates and/or housing schemes and of working across multiple locations.
- Clean and tidy all estate/scheme areas and report any minor repairs as appropriate.
- Maintain any bedroom, toilet and kitchen areas in particular to the highest hygiene standards- replacing soap, towels and toilet rolls as necessary.
- Provide a weekly cleaning service to residents where appropriate.
- Maintain an adequate supply of cleaning and associated materials, ensuring they are stored safely and securely at all times.
- Work in a safe manner in line with agreed procedures.
- Achieve agreed personal, team and corporate objectives including providing support for fellow team members and other colleagues.
Skills & Experience
- Proven experience of cleaning to excellent standards.
- Proven ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Proven experience of operating cleaning equipment, including electrical items such as vacuum cleaners.
- Proven ability to record and pass on information accurately and in a timely manager.
- Able to demonstrate Guinness Behaviours
- Driving Licence and access to own vehicle.
- Previous experience of cleaning in a residential setting.
- Knowledge of relevant health and safety requirements.
- Appreciation of the differing needs of diverse individuals and communities.
- Cleaning qualification (BICS)
What’s on offer?
We offer an excellent benefits package that help make The Guinness Partnership a great place to work. These include but aren't limited to:
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Medical expenses cover
- Employee assistance programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Benefits Portal - Everyone Lifestyle Benefits
- Eye test vouchers
- Aspire - £100 allowance per employee each financial year
- Professional qualification support
- Professional subscriptions
- Purchase additional leave
- Salary Sacrifice - Deduction of various benefits from 'gross' salary, before tax and NI deducted
- E-learning courses
- Thank you award- by nomination
If you’re interested in joining us and would like to apply for this role, please review the role profile to view all of the key responsibilities and ensure you meet the essential criteria.