We’re in one of the most exciting periods in the history of Guinness and have ambitious, challenging objectives for the future. Our Guinness 2023 Strategy is all about our vision for creating and maintaining an amazing organisation, both for our customers and our employees. Over the next 5 years we will focus on delivering our vision to improve people’s lives and create possibilities for them – by delivering great customer service, providing great homes, being a great place to work and being a great business.
About the role
To help us achieve our vision we’re looking for an outstanding HR Advisor to join an established shared services team on a 9 month fixed term contract. Reporting to the ER and Change Manager and working with the Senior HR Advisors you will be providing pro-active, professional and consistent HR advice and support on all aspects of HR to managers and employees throughout the Partnership; provide HR support for change initiatives.
- Provide advice and guidance in response to HR matters within the Partnership, and develop solutions or recommendations to meet the business needs in line with leading practice.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key customers within the Partnership, demonstrating professional credibility
- Provide consistent support and advice to managers in employee relations matters, including managing sickness absence, grievance and disciplinaries, etc and provide support to the Senior HR Advisor on more complex cases as required.
- Develop managers’ performance management skills by guiding and advising on relevant policies and procedures.
- Provide HR support on projects and change management initiatives to support the business.
- Support the Senior HR Advisor as policy champion for a portfolio of policies within Guinness HR.
What we’re looking for
We’re a customer-focussed organisation so we know that how we do things is just as important as what we do. You’ll not only an experience HR professional, but you’ll also have great customer service skills and a willingness to go the extra mile to get the job done. You’ll also be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent Customer Service
- Experience of delivering HR advice and guidance to key stakeholders
- Experience of interpreting employment legislation
- Good multi-tasking and organisational skills
- Good oral and written communications
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Knowledge of mergers and acquisitions (TUPE) within a multi-site and disciplinary environment is also desirable.
What’s on offer
We offer an excellent benefits package that helps to make The Guinness Partnership a great place to work. Benefits include but aren't limited to:
- Competitive Salary of £35,437 per annum
- 25 days holiday & bank holidays (Plus option to purchase 5 additional holiday days) Amazing career development opportunities
- Access to Simply Health Scheme – claim back every day medical expenses.
- Competitive Pension Scheme
- Access to Employee assistance programme
- Access to Benefits Portal offering everyday Lifestyle Benefits
- Professional qualification support & financial support for professional subscriptions
- Thank you awards - by nomination
- Aspire programme - £100 allowance per employee each financial year
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Training & E-learning courses
If you’re interested in joining us and would like to apply for this role, please review the role profile to view all of the key responsibilities and ensure you meet the essential criteria.