Property and Maintenance Manager
Salary £45,000 - £55,000 depending on experience
37.5 hours per week
About the Role
We are looking for a Property and Maintenance Manager to ensure that all of our homes are safe, homely and maintained to a good standard and to support the delivery of our growth strategy to provide more excellent homes for looked after children.
We provide children’s homes, supported housing for care leavers and fostering services, as well as education and therapeutic services, we also have a small number of general needs units. Our accommodation varies in size from one bed homes to homes for up to 22 young people. At any one time we accommodate around 130 children and young people in our homes in England. We have a small portfolio of less than 30 properties in England, but there is substantial day to day maintenance required, a programme of cyclical works and our growth plans are underway, this will include securing new properties in 2019.
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field.
- 3 years’ experience of property management and/or 2 years property project development and/or 3 years surveying.
- Strong project management skills.
- Experience in the social housing sector desirable.
- Knowledge of relevant statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Experience of working with and managing contractors.
- Budgetary experience and evidence of cost control.
- Understanding and commitment to provision of services to challenging and vulnerable children and young people.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with a wide range of colleagues, contractors and service suppliers.
- Proficient IT skills, including Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook.
- Experience of line managing administrative staff would be desirable.
Key aspects of the job will be:
- Maintain oversight of activity for the property portfolio, ensuring that all repairs and maintenance requests and queries are addressed in an effective and professional manner and completed within the target response times.
- Manage the leased estate in England, including identifying new properties where required and negotiating with landlords for new contracts or extensions.
- Manage and oversee the property and maintenance team, ensuring high levels of customer service and with responsibility for meeting KPIs and ensuring records are kept up to date.
- Supervise expenditure against the maintenance budgets, working with individual services to maintain costs within the annual budget.
In return we offer:
- A salary range of £45,000 - £55,000 depending on experience and qualifications.
- A flexible and friendly working environment, a fun, open and honest culture.
- 25 days holiday rising to 27 days after 3 years’ service, plus Bank Holidays.
- A comprehensive induction programme.
- Contributory pension scheme, Enhanced Maternity and Company Sick SchemeBUPA Employee Assistance Programme, offering counselling, financial advice and legal support.
- Interest-free season ticket loan, cycle to work scheme.
- Discount shopping scheme at hundreds of retailers across the UK.
- Discretionary Funding Training Programs.
- Employee Awards based on performance and length of service.
This will be a busy and exciting year ahead and property and maintenance are a key part of ensuring we keep our young people safe, secure and well cared for. This role will appeal to a self-starter, comfortable working as part of a small team and willing to use their own initiative to drive St Christopher’s growth. The team has a reputation within the charity for excellent customer service and we expect this to be maintained and strengthened.
If you’re ready for the challenge and think you have the skills to drive St Christopher’s forward we would love to hear from you.
To be considered, your on-line application must include a full supporting statement addressing the criteria stated above. A CV on its own will not be accepted.
For the full Job Description for this role and more detail about what will be required, please visit our website
Closing Date: 10th March 2019
St Christopher’s is committed to equal opportunities and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Social Care Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Supported / sheltered housing Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Homes and Asset Management Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Facilities management Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)