Sanctuary Maintenance provides a wide range of property maintenance and facilities management solutions for thousands of customers nationwide. Our staff help make a real difference to the quality of people’s lives.
Covering Swindon and surrounding areas
£32,250 per annum (rising to £33,947 after 12 months service subject to satisfactory performance)
40 hours per week – Monday to Friday with some weekend work
Why work for us?
Due to business growth, this is a great opportunity for an experienced domestic ACS/CCN1 qualified Gas Engineer to join our expanding team. Working across an approximate 60 mile radius you will be covering the South West region offering unrivalled levels of service and professionalism for all customers, concentrating on high quality workmanship and ensuring all work completed adheres to regulations.
A typical day would involve attending pre-booked appointments such as boiler breakdowns, servicing, gas safety certificates, water and gas leaks and general heating works. You will be working within our tenants’ (and site) properties across the region. Administrative assistance will be available, including support of the scheduling of work. An out of hours rota will be in operation, therefore we seek candidates who can provide us with a level of flexibility. The office is based in Papermakers House, Swindon where you will be required to attend at least one a month for team meetings.
The role of Gas Engineer will include:
- Undertaking allocated repairs and servicing/maintaining gas appliances within agreed timescales
- Responsibility for the installation and commissioning of domestic boilers and gas central heating systems and controls and also unvented hot water systems
- Utilising analytical and trade skills to identify faults and deliver time effective solutions
- Frequent travel between tenant properties to ensure the South West region is sufficiently covered
- Effectively using bespoke software to ensure works are carried out in a time effective manner
Skills and experiences:
- It is essential the applicants hold the following qualifications – CCN1, CPA1, CENWAT, CKR1 and HTR1 or qualifications at an equivalent level
- Proven experience within a similar role and industry allowing you to utilise the above qualifications is also essential
- Some experience of using electronic devices on a day to day basis would be desirable
- A proven ability to work independently allowing you prioritise and plan workload
- A company van and power tools will be provided for business use only, therefore a full, current driving licence is essential
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer a comprehensive reward and benefits package appropriate for the role that you do, including: a pension scheme, with matching employer contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits, at least 24 days paid holiday (plus public holidays), health and well-being plans, including voluntary critical illness scheme, a variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers, tax efficient savings through our Cycle to Work scheme and a wide range of learning and development opportunities.
To view the job profile, please click here
Closing Date: 29 March 2019
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent unlawful working.
A basic Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Maintenance Contractors Limited is a subsidiary of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.
Due to business growth, this is a great opportunity for an experienced domestic ACS/CCN1 qualified Gas Engineer to join our expanding team.
More searches like this
- Homes and Asset Management Assistant / coordinator £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Swindon
- Maintenance / Repair Assistant / coordinator £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Swindon
- Residential Development & Construction Assistant / coordinator £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Swindon
- Health and safety Assistant / coordinator £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Swindon
- Other Housing jobs Assistant / coordinator £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent in Swindon