Focused on supporting the UK’s demographic and affordable living needs, and consistent with Legal & General’s housing growth strategy, Legal & General Affordable Homes is leading the evolution of the affordable housing sector with an aim to become the leading private affordable housing provider in the UK. Through collaborating with developers, housing associations and public sector bodies across the country, L&G Affordable Homes is forward-funding new build affordable housing, bringing volume institutional capital to the social housing sector with initial target markets being affordable rent, shared ownership and rent-to-buy.
The role holder will report to the Head of FP&A and the primary responsibility will be to lead on the appraisal of investment opportunities for the affordable homes business, working closely with development and operations teams team and colleagues in L&G Capital to establish and oversee investment activities and programmes, oversee the investment appraisal process and be involved in the execution of project investments.
- Be a senior member of the FP&A team, ensuring high quality analysis, planning and reporting.
- Be responsible for ensuring the business financial model remains accurate and delivers the analytical capabilities a fast moving business requires.
- Lead and inform the discussion on the optimum target affordable property types, locations and operations to ensure profitability is maximised whilst risk is appropriately managed.
- Lead the management and oversight of all affordable investment opportunities across the business
- Independently review all development appraisals for accuracy and consistency with financial and investment policies. To give an independent opinion before they are submitted to the relevant sign-off committee or other approving body.
- For schemes above an agreed threshold, produce an Independent Financial Review (IFR) that covers all the key commercial risks and opportunities for a given scheme.
- Independently review the out-turns of all developments schemes, ensuring all lessons are learnt by the business and analytical enhancements are embedded in the business strategy and operations.
- To prepare and maintain financial systems to be used for the appraisal of the divisions development schemes, in accordance with the development assumptions approved by the Board.
- To develop new financial models to appraise projects of a large or unusual nature.
- To provide support to the development and new Business teams with their scheme & project appraisals.
- To manage Investment Analysts who will support development teams in appraising investment opportunities.
- To ensure that counterparty exposure analysis is carried out on proposed contractors are that the information is communicated to the staff proposing to use them.
- To manage the collation and presentation of data relating to all development scheme reporting, and undertaking portfolio analysis to develop investment strategies and making recommendations on the optimised target risk/strategy
- To carry out other duties consistent with the level of the post as may be required.
- Qualified accountant or similar
- Excellent academic background, with a deep numerical aptitude
- Deep technical financial and commercial knowledge and experience in the residential housing industry
- Specific rented housing experience in a similar role would be highly beneficial.
- Leadership and management experience
- Delivery focussed and ability to plan and execute projects across multi-disciplinary teams
- Knowledge of tax structures and issues in real estate finance
Knowledge & Skills:
- Expert-level knowledge of financial analysis and reporting
- Detailed understanding of the drivers of profitability
- Energetic, highly motivated, with a deeply inquisitive mind and passion for excellence and innovation in pursuit of business growth and success.
- Transparency and resilience
- Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills
- Commercial focus and ability to translate ideas into competitive advantage
- A self-driven spirit that embraces change and is comfortable making decisions in ambiguous environment
- Decisive whilst working at a quick pace
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, 10% car allowance, life assurance, family private medical insurance, 25 days' holiday, performance related bonuses, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
For any queries please contact email@example.com. Please note applications can only be made online via the portal.