Tenancy Relations Officer
As Tenancy Relations Officer in our busy Private Sector Housing Team you will play a leading role in achieving good landlord standards by promoting good tenancy relations and through enforcement of the Protection from Eviction Act 1977.
You must be a confident and persuasive communicator who can promote best practice with landlords and other agencies through presentations, forums, newsletters and training.
You will be operating in a regulatory environment and must have experience in tenancy relations work including the provision of detailed advice to both landlords and tenants. You will be educated to degree level and will have the skills to be able to resolve conflict, enforce standards and fully investigate alleged harassment and illegal-eviction offences. You will prepare prosecution cases and represent the Council in court proceedings.
You will be the single point of contact for tenancy relations advice and information for tenants, landlords and partner agencies, as well as the Council’s housing teams. You will therefore need to be proactive, resourceful and have the skills to work independently.
The Council is an equal opportunities employer and has flexible working practices.
- A generous annual leave entitlement
- Opportunity to join the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Discounted childcare voucher scheme
- Cycle to work scheme (after one years’ service)
- Incremental pay award (after one years’ service and successful performance appraisal)
Closing date: Sunday 24 March 2019
Interview date: Thursday 04 April 2019
For more information please contact Timothy Mills, Housing Development and Standards Manager on 01295 221655.
To download a Recruitment pack and apply for the post, please visit the council’s internet https://www.cherwell.gov.uk/info/16/jobs or contact the Human Resources Department on 01295 221767
Alternatively, please click on the "Apply" button at the end of the page.
“Cherwell District Council is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults”.
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Oxford
- Care and support Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Oxford
- Housing / neighbourhood management Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Oxford
- Tenant services Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Oxford