Senior Reinvestment Surveyor
Sanctuary Maintenance provides a wide range of property maintenance and facilities management solutions for thousands of customers nationwide. Our staff help make a real difference to the quality of people’s lives.
Senior Reinvestment Surveyor
Birmingham Road, West Bromwich
£33,713 per annum (rising to £35,488 after 12 months service, subject to satisfactory performance)
Subject to salary and terms and conditions review due to be implemented June 2019
35 hours per week – Monday to Friday, 9.00am – 5.00pm
Why work for us?
Sanctuary Maintenance provides in-house repairs and maintenance services for an extensive portfolio of properties across Sanctuary Group’s organisations. As part of a not-for-profit organisation, we aim to achieve outstanding results for our customers based on our values - working in an open and transparent way, creating strong partnerships with our customers and providing a first-class customer service.
We are currently seeking an experienced Senior Reinvestment Surveyor with a successful track record of managing reinvestment programmes within the social housing sector. This position sits within the Reinvestment department, who are responsible for delivering high quality and cost effective strategies to manage the Group’s property portfolio. They are responsible for a programme of reinvestment and cyclical improvements, Fire Risk Assessments, Stock Condition Surveys and providing specialist surveyor input on a range of other matters to ensure that properties are maintained and retain their value.
The role of Senior Reinvestment Surveyor will include:
- Identify and commission reinvestment plans in line with group objectives
- Ensure projects are delivered in line with legislation and making appropriate recommendations
- Completion of specification and tender documents relating to maintenance
- Manage works related to disrepair and stock condition projects inline with group policies and procedures
- Monitoring contractor performances to ensure works are carried out promptly and to the required standard
- Managing a small team of Asset Surveyors, to ensure business targets are achieved
Skills and experiences:
- Experience in a similar commercial role, in a building and surveying environment is desirable
- Hold a building related degree/professional qualification or ability to demonstrate equivalent experience
- Working knowledge of building regulations, legislation and current practices is essential
- Must be highly motivated and well organised with the ability to solve problems in a professional manner
- Proficient in using Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel (or similar)
- Travel is a requirement within this role, therefore a full and current driving licence and access to own vehicle for business purposes is essential
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer a comprehensive reward and benefits package appropriate for the role that you do, including:
- A pension scheme, with matching employer contributions from Sanctuary, up to set limits
- 25 days leave (rising to a maximum of 30 days) plus public holidays
- Health and well-being plans, including voluntary critical illness scheme
- A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
- Tax efficient saving through our Cycle to Work scheme
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
To view the job profile, please click here
Closing Date: 22 March 2019
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent unlawful working.
A basic Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Maintenance Contractors Limited is a subsidiary of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Assistant / coordinator £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in West Bromwich
- Administration Assistant / coordinator £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in West Bromwich
- Homes and Asset Management Assistant / coordinator £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in West Bromwich
- Maintenance / Repair Assistant / coordinator £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in West Bromwich
- Residential Development & Construction Assistant / coordinator £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in West Bromwich