Origin Housing is a provider of affordable housing and care and support services in London and Hertfordshire. We own and manage over 6,000 homes and customers, have a turnover of over £45 million and aim to provide great homes and build strong communities.
We are looking for a self-motivated and experienced person to assist the Head of Health and safety in embedding our fire and safety management system. This person will be great at managing their own workload and used to working in a fast paced time focused manner.
As fire manager the successful applicant will be the ambassador for Fire Safety as well as subject matter expert on a wide range of topics and be the point of contact for the operational departments.
This person will provide resilience and support to the existing team and will require experience of leading a team and delivering training at all levels. With the relevant experience level within residential fire safety and a detailed working knowledge of LACORS, National Fire Safety Guidance on Purpose Built Block of Flats and National Fire Safety Guidance on Specialised Housing. Lead on the operational delivery of the fire assessment programme, ensuring the fire risk assessments are delivered on time and to the appropriate standard. Liaise with the Fire Brigade and other enforcement agencies as necessary. To lead on the new Building Manager project and delivery as requirements are specified by Government.
Successful applicants must hold a nationally recognised fire qualification such as Advanced Diploma in Fire Safety Management and/ or Member of the Institution of Fire Engineers (MIFireE) or equivalent. Member of Fire Risk Assessment professional registration, or third-party certification, of the individual fire risk assessors. Professional bodies operate registers of persons deemed to be competent to carry out fire risk assessments (IFE, IFSM, IFPO and Warrington). Will hold a NEBOSH Fire/General Certificate or equivalent
Benefits at Origin Housing In return, we offer a wide range of benefits, some of these include:
- Performance related pay based on appraisal rating
- 25 days holiday which accrues with service.
- Flexible working opportunities
- Simply Health Scheme which allows you to reclaim certain health costs
- Eye care vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Interest free loan for travel / gym / work / job related study
- Enhanced maternity / paternity pay
To apply for this role, please upload your CV and covering letter addressing all of the key requirements within the role profile, including relevant examples of how you have met them.
Origin is committed to equality and diversity and values the diversity of the communities we work in. We aim to have a workforce that reflects this and therefore encourage applications from all areas of the community.
More searches like this
- Homes and Asset Management Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Maintenance / Repair Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Project management Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Surveying Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Technical services Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)