Sanctuary Maintenance provides a wide range of property maintenance and facilities management solutions for thousands of customers nationwide. Our staff help make a real difference to the quality of people’s lives.
Temporary position for up to 6 months
Francis Street, Hull
£29,319 per annum (pro rata) – Subject to salary and terms and conditions review due to be implemented June 2019
35 hours per week
Why work for us?
Sanctuary Maintenance provides in-house repairs and maintenance services for an extensive portfolio of properties across Sanctuary Group’s organisations. As part of a not-for-profit organisation, we aim to achieve outstanding results for our customers based on our values - working in an open and transparent way, creating strong partnerships with our customers and providing a first-class customer service.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Asset Surveyor to join our Maintenance and Reinvestment Team where you will play a pivotal role in delivering quality investment and surveying services that respond to customer, organisational and financial needs to ensure regulatory compliance.
The role of Asset Surveyor will include:
- Undertaking stock condition surveys and other property inspections including fire risk and health and safety assessments in line with organisational policies and procedures to ensure regulatory compliance and contract performance
- Managing works related to stock condition surveys and property inspections within agreed financial limits and in accordance with the organisations financial policies and procedures
- Producing reports and documentation for work specifications and tenders to assist in addressing and resolving issues to ensure the Group is compliant with relevant legislation
- Developing and maintaining information and databases relating to condition of the assets, which will enable you to suggest appropriate remedies and strategies to address any building relating issues
Skills and experiences:
- HNC in building, surveying or equivalent is essential
- Proven experience in a building and surveying environment
- A proactive, well organised and innovative problem solver, you will consistently demonstrate a customer first approach and thrive on the challenge and opportunity this role will bring
- Working knowledge of legislation and current practices
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft packages, including Excel and Word, is desirable
- Due to the nature of this position frequent travel is required; therefore it is essential that candidates hold a full, current driving licence and have access to a vehicle
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer you access to a range of great employee benefits and the opportunity to develop and progress within your career. Benefits include:
- A pension scheme, with matching employer contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits
- 25 days leave (rising to a maximum of 30 days) plus public holidays (pro rata)
- Life assurance
- Health and well-being plans
- Discounted products and services
- Personal advice and counselling
- Family-friendly arrangements
- Tax efficient savings through our Cycle to Work scheme
- Learning and development opportunities
To view the job profile, please click here
Closing Date: 26 March 2019
We reserve the right to withdraw this advertisement at any time depending on application volumes; therefore an early submission of application is encouraged.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent unlawful working.
A basic Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Maintenance Contractors Limited is a subsidiary of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Fixed Term Contract jobs in Kingston upon Hull
- Administration Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Fixed Term Contract jobs in Kingston upon Hull
- Homes and Asset Management Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Fixed Term Contract jobs in Kingston upon Hull
- Asset management Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Fixed Term Contract jobs in Kingston upon Hull
- Maintenance / Repair Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Fixed Term Contract jobs in Kingston upon Hull