SharePoint and ECM Technical Support Analyst
We are currently recruiting for a SharePoint and ECM Technical Analyst to join our team in Norwich
About The Role
The SharePoint and ECM Technical Analyst has particular focus on the ECM and SharePoint platforms. The post holder will be responsible for contributing to, supporting and managing of ECM, SharePoint and associated services such as the Employee Portal. Specialist knowledge and skills must be proactively kept up to date to ensure a smooth operation, high performing support services, ensuring that change activities continue to be performed at a professional level. Expertise will be required to assist suppliers, partners and colleagues with functional consultancy and to provide ad-hoc assistance/training to colleagues as necessary, creating test cases and maintaining documentation, critical to the seamless management of the service.
This role requires an understanding and assessing of business systems and operations, identifying issues and opportunities and recommending appropriate IT solutions. You will need to have prior experience of working within an SLA driven environment for a 2nd/3rd line support team, working with various Service Management processes including Incident, Request, Change and Problem Management. You will also have the below skills/experience;-
- Knowledge of a third-party SharePoint and ECM solutions highly desirable
- Proven experience in developing Workflow based Applications (including Microsoft Dynamics CRM)
- Demonstrable experience of working closely with business customers and assisting the scoping of change requests
- Track record of delivering successful system changes
- Knowledge of Azure (or cloud) principles and security
- Acute knowledge of business processes related to the platform
- Demonstrable ability to understand and create Business Process Maps
- Extensive experience in a highly integrated and complex environment.
- Ability to advise on and run accurate and appropriate system audits
Closing Date: 21st March at midday
Interview date to be confirmed
For further details on this vacancy, and to apply, please download the role profile and click the 'Apply' button below. .
Clarion Housing Group
Clarion Housing Group comprises the country's largest housing association; a property development company, a charitable foundation and a repairs and maintenance service.
The Group's housing association, Clarion Housing is the largest social landlord in the country with 360,000 residents.
We have ambitious plans to build 50,000 new homes over 10 years, with a commitment that two thirds of the programme will be affordable housing.
The charitable foundation, Clarion Futures, will invest £150 million over ten years to deliver one of the largest social investment programmes in the country. Priorities are work and training; money management and young people
Clarion Housing Group is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce.