Hightown is a charitable housing association operating principally in Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire,Buckinghamshire and Berkshire. We believe everyone should have a home and the support they need, so our aim is to build new homes and to provide excellent housing and support.
Hightown currently manages almost 6,000 homes and employover 1,000full and part time staff from our head office in Hemel Hempstead. We havean annual turnover of £80million and a development programme that will deliver around 400new affordable homes each year.
About the Role
We have an exciting opportunity for a Lettings Assistant to join our Tenant Services team, providing a highly professional, customer focussed lettings service to applicants for Hightown`s rented housing.
The Post Holder will:
- Provide a point of contact for applicants for general needs rented housing, and to Hightown tenants in relation to internal transfer applications.
- Provide administrative support to the Lettings Officer in relation to tenancy terminations.
- Advertise void properties and process applications.
- Carry out property viewings
- Ensure all new build and void properties are let quickly and within target times
To develop positive working relationships with key stakeholders including applicants and partner organisations.
- Experience of property letting in either the private or public sector.
- Experience of administration in a busy office environment.
- Knowledge of affordable and social rent products.
- Excellent organisational, time management and communication skills.
- Commitment to high standards of service to customers.
Car owner and qualified driver with access to own vehicle.
We are looking for an individual who can demonstrate a compassionate, enthusiastic, respective and `can-do` approach.
You must be able to work as part of a team to deliver an excellent service to the people we support and be flexible in your approach to work. You will have a commitment to equality and diversity and take a positive approach to supporting others.
In return for your hard work and commitment, we offer a considerable benefits package. This includes:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 25 days per year, plus statutory bank holidays, rising with service
- £22,131 pa for a 35 hour a week contract and bonuses available on top of your basic salary
- Regular support from your line manager and colleagues
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
- Monthly attendance bonus
- Annual salary and cost of living review
- Commitment to health and wellbeing with the Five Ways to Wellbeing
- Workplace pension scheme
- Life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Employee assistance helpline
- Mileage paid for car usage
- Free on-site gym
How to Apply
To apply for this position please click `apply` below.
Closing date: Tuesday 26th March 2019
Interviews: Wednesday 3rd April 2019
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer