Homeworking – Covering South West (Company Car included)
£48,934 per annum (rising to £51,510 after 12 months, subject to satisfactory performance)
35 hours per week
Why work for us?
One of the UK’s leading providers of housing, care and commercial services, Sanctuary Group employs more than 13,000 people and manages over 100,000 units of accommodation throughout England and Scotland, including general rented, retirement living, supported housing, student and key worker accommodation and care homes. Sanctuary also provides a range of other services including maintenance, care and telecare, all of which are delivered by our dedicated employees who are completely committed to customer service.
Sanctuary Homes are looking for an experienced Development Manager to assist in delivering the Group Business Plan, to develop in the region of 2,000 new build homes. The Development Manager will deliver and support the management of development programmes including the identification of, bidding for and progression of new opportunities for development.
The role of Development Manager will include:
- Securing new development opportunities to support Business Plan objectives
- Site identification, appraisal, due diligence, through to site acquisition
- Leading an internal team and consultants, the full development process from feasibility, internal approvals, planning, acquisition, construction procurement and project management of open market sale and affordable homes
- Full Project Management, delivering projects and programmes in line with agreed timescales, budgets, specifications and Regulatory compliance
Skills and experiences:
- Experience in a similar role within private or registered provider sectors
- An excellent team worker
- Proven experience in generating new multi tenure development opportunities, of delivering significant projects and programmes
- Excellent communication, presentation and people management skills with the ability to build rapport and develop productive and effective relationships with key partners and stakeholders
- Educated to degree level or equivalent substantive experience, relevant qualification and RICS, CIOB or other relevant membership
- Experience and knowledge of project management and cost control
- Proficient user of MS Office suite applications and experience with SAP and Development Financial Appraisals / reporting systems is desirable
- Travel is required in the role so a full current UK driving license is essential
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer you access to a range of great employee benefits and the opportunity to develop and progress within your career. Benefits include:
- A pension scheme, with matching employer contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits
- 25 days leave (rising to a maximum of 30 days) plus public holidays
- Life assurance
- Health & well-being plans
- Discounted products & services
- Personal advice and counselling
- Family-friendly arrangements
- Tax efficient savings through our Cycle to Work scheme
- Learning and development opportunities
Closing Date: 2 April 2019
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent unlawful working.
Sanctuary Group is a trading name of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.