Sanctuary Group is one of the UK’s leading providers of housing, care and community services. With around 13,000 employees, we maintain a culture where diversity is valued and talent is nurtured and rewarded.
Manchester - with travel throughout the Northern Region
£24,774 per annum (rising to £25,254 after 12 months, subject to satisfactory performance) - Subject to April 2019 pay review
35 hours per week
Why work for us?
One of the UK’s leading providers of housing, care and commercial services, Sanctuary Group employs more than 13,000 people and manages over 100,000 units of accommodation throughout England and Scotland, including general rented, retirement living, supported housing, student and key worker accommodation and care homes. Sanctuary also provides a range of other services including maintenance, care and telecare, all of which are delivered by our dedicated employees who are completely committed to customer service.
The Assessor will deliver a quality qualification assessment service to the Group. You will assist in developing the skills and confidence of individuals allowing them to carry out their roles to an outstanding level.
The role of Assessor will include:
- Assessing learners on Health and Social Care from level 2 up to 5
- Participating in qualification assessments
- Maintaining accurate records of progress and providing reports as required
- Supporting the development of quality staff by coaching and mentoring individuals
- Managing your learner case load by assisting learners in collating their portfolios for assessment and internal verification
- Ensuring the Group complies with awarding body requirements and agreed policies and procedures
Skills and experiences:
- Recent experience of undertaking a similar role
- A Vocational Assessors award is essential
- Ability to prioritise workload and manage time effectively
- Working knowledge of relevant legislation and good practice principles
- A strong understanding of Health and Social Care, equivalent to level 5
- Experience of working on electronic portfolios is desirable
- Intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and One File
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Travel is a requirement of the role therefore, a Full UK driving licence is essential
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer you access to a range of great employee benefits and the opportunity to develop and progress within your career. Benefits include:
- A pension scheme, with matching employer contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits
- 25 days leave (rising to a maximum of 30 days) plus public holidays
- Life assurance
- Health & well-being plans
- Discounted products & services
- Personal advice and counselling
- Family-friendly arrangements
- Tax efficient savings through our Cycle to Work scheme
- Learning and development opportunities
Closing Date: 22 March 2019
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.