Lead Finance Officer
Lead Finance Officer
£27,273 per annum (rising to £28,709 after 12 months, subject to satisfactory performance) – Subject to April pay review
35 hours per week
Why work for us?
One of the UK’s leading providers of housing, care and commercial services, Sanctuary Group employs more than 13,000 people and manages over 100,000 units of accommodation throughout England and Scotland, including general rented, retirement living, supported housing, student and key worker accommodation and care homes. Sanctuary also provides a range of other services including maintenance, care and telecare, all of which are delivered by our dedicated employees who are completely committed to customer service.
The job sits within Group Financial Services which is responsible for all aspects of accounting for the Group. This includes the provision of financial and management accounting services, financial analysis, preparation of annual budgets, treasury, tax and VAT management.
The role of Lead Finance Officer will include –
- Preparing business information for key customers and stakeholders within the Group and Sanctuary Maintenance to enable effective monitoring and to support decision making, business planning and effective financial management
- Supporting improvement of data quality and continuous improvement of reports
- Maintaining monitoring systems as required to ensure a robust control environment is maintained and to safeguard the organisation's interests
- Supporting the recruitment, performance management and development of quality staff recognising the importance of building strong teams who can deliver in line with business needs and individual accountabilities
Skills and Experiences -
- Previous experience in a similar role including financial analysis
- Relevant accountancy qualification is desirable
- Highly numerate with a good understanding of accounting principles and compliance
- Experience of using SAP is essential
- Proven experience of working to deadlines and prioritising workloads
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills are required
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer you access to a range of great employee benefits and the opportunity to develop and progress within your career. Benefits include:
- A pension scheme, with matching employer contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits
- 25 days leave (rising to a maximum of 30 days) plus public holidays
- Life assurance
- Health & well-being plans
- Discounted products & services
- Personal advice and counselling
- Family-friendly arrangements
- Tax efficient savings through our Cycle to Work scheme
- Learning and development opportunities
Closing Date: 1 April 2019
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent unlawful working.
Sanctuary Group is a trading name of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.