Head of Payments & Income
We’re in one of the most exciting periods in the history of Guinness and have ambitious, challenging objectives for the future. Our Guinness 2023 Strategy is all about our vision for creating and maintaining an amazing organisation, both for our customers and our employees. Over the next 5 years we will focus on delivering our vision to improve people’s lives and create possibilities for them – by delivering great customer service, providing great homes, being a great place to work and being a great business.
In order to deliver the increased volume and complexity of work as a result of the Guinness 2023 Strategy we are growing our Finance Group to ensure we have the right capacity in reporting tax, financial control and financial planning and consequently have an exciting opportunity for a Head of Payments & Income to join our team in Oldham, Greater Manchester.
Overview of the role
Reporting into the Director of Financial Services the purpose of this role is to lead an effective and efficient income and payables function ensuring services are delivered to a high standard with strong processes and controls in place.
- Lead and be accountable for an effective and efficient income and payables function ensuring services are delivered to a high standard and are within agreed service standards.
- Lead and manage a performance driven culture in the team by making improvements to processes and controls within the payables and income function, establishing plans, setting targets and developing individual skills and experience within the team to ensure financial integrity is maintained.
- Ensure that operating systems and procedures are adhered to, developed and improved to ensure the effective delivery of service across Guinness developing key KPI’s to manage performance.
- Deliver end to end reviews and improvement of all owned processes, including testing and implementation of system changes where appropriate.
- Ensure there are effective internal controls for transactional processing including being responsible for accurate and timely reconciliation of key control accounts, delivering to agreed standards.
- Lead on projects to deliver continuous improvement in the delivery of financial operations.
- Ensure specialist knowledge of current legislation is up to date and disseminated to the team through ongoing training and use of professional advisors.
- Experience of managing a large finance team in a complex organisation.
- Proven customer service experience.
- Good attention to detail with ability to prioritise and manage a varied workload to meet agreed deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communications and the ability to present effectively to varying levels in an organisation.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
- Experience of Managing projects.
- Good analytical skills and the ability to identify key risks and implement robust controls to mitigate these risks.
- Able to challenge, engage, influence and add value at a senior operational level and within the wider senior finance team.
- Demonstrates the Guinness behaviours.
- Demonstrates the Guinness Leadership and Management standard.
- Experience in financial reconciliation.
- Experience of using Oracle Financials or equivalent finance system.
- Proven knowledge of rent accounting, housing and housing benefit regulations and legislation.
Essential: CCAB or CIMA Qualified.
What’s on offer?
We offer an excellent benefits package that help make The Guinness Partnership a great place to work. These include but aren't limited to:
- Competitive salary up to £65,058 Rising to £68,482 after 12 months
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Private Health Insurance
- Employee assistance programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Benefits Portal - Everyone Lifestyle Benefits
- Eye test vouchers
- Aspire - £100 allowance per employee each financial yea
- Professional qualification support
- Professional subscriptions
- Purchase additional leave
- Salary Sacrifice - Deduction of various benefits from 'gross' salary, before tax and NI deducted
- E-learning courses
Closing date: Sunday 24th March at Midnight
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Head of services £60,000 - £69,999 Permanent jobs in Oldham
- Revenues / benefits Head of services £60,000 - £69,999 Permanent jobs in Oldham
- Corporate Services Head of services £60,000 - £69,999 Permanent jobs in Oldham
- Finance Head of services £60,000 - £69,999 Permanent jobs in Oldham
- Homes and Asset Management Head of services £60,000 - £69,999 Permanent jobs in Oldham