Sanctuary Group is one of the UK’s leading providers of housing, care and community services. With around 13,000 employees, we maintain a culture where diversity is valued and talent is nurtured and rewarded.
£31,647 per annum (rising to £33,312 after 12 months, subject to satisfactory performance)
35 hours per week
Why work for us?
One of the UK’s leading providers of housing, care and commercial services, Sanctuary Group employs more than 13,000 people and manages over 100,000 units of accommodation throughout England and Scotland, including general rented, retirement living, supported housing, student and key worker accommodation and care homes. Sanctuary also provides a range of other services including maintenance, care and telecare, all of which are delivered by our dedicated employees who are completely committed to customer service.
Working within the Maintenance Accounting team the Assistant Accountant will coordinate the use of financial systems and processes to ensure that the financial records of the organisation meet legal and regulatory requirements. This is a fantastic opportunity for an Assistant Accountant looking to take the next step in their career.
The role of Assistant Accountant will include:
- Produce and analyse accurate and timely management and statutory accounting information for internal and external stakeholders
- Undertaking various types of analytical work around the financials to further support the business needs and add value
- Working very closely with a range of stakeholders across group finance and Sanctuary Maintenance
- Assisting in the annual budgeting and forecasting processes for the maintenance directorate and group compliance costs
Skills and experiences:
- Robust knowledge of management accounting practices and expertise of financial regulations, legislation and current practice gained from working in a similar role
- Experience of managing staff
- A passion to deliver an effective and efficient finance service to the business
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong Excel skills
- ACCA, ACA or CIMA part qualified
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer you access to a range of great employee benefits and the opportunity to develop and progress within your career. Benefits include:
- A pension scheme, with matching employer contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits
- 25 days leave (rising to a maximum of 30 days) plus public holidays
- Life assurance
- Health & well-being plans
- Discounted products & services
- Personal advice and counseling
- Family-friendly arrangements
Closing Date: 1 April 2019
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent unlawful working.
Sanctuary Group is a trading name of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.